Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay V1 TV - connecting headphones - V1 menu settings?

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

yaccobo
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
yaccobo Posted: Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:02 PM

Beoplay V1 doesn't have a dedicated headphone output, but I bought an adapter cable from soundsheavenly that allows me to use headphones instead of built-in TV speakers. The cable is plugged into the Powerlink PL1 socket on the back of the TV.

This seems to work fine, but since I need to use very high volume settings (between 70-90 on the scale of 0-90 used in V1) I am wondering if my settings in the V1 are correct.

First I added the headphones like this. In the Speaker type menu I see a choice of numerous B&O speakers + Other + Line, but no dedicated 'Headphones' choice.

main menu -> SETUP -> SOUND -> SPEAKER CONNECTIONS -> PL1 LEFT -> Speaker Type: OTHER

main menu -> SETUP -> SOUND -> SPEAKER CONNECTIONS -> PL1 RIGHT -> Speaker Type: OTHER

Next I created a new Speaker Group:

main menu -> SETUP -> SOUND -> SPEAKER GROUPS -> i created a new group that I named 'headphones'

main menu -> SETUP -> SOUND -> SPEAKER GROUPS -> 'headphones' -> SPEAKER ROLES -> here I changed internal BEOPLAY speakers to OFF (separately for L and R) and then changed the 'OTHER' (listed twice, for L and R) to LEFT FRONT and RIGHT FRONT.

The soundsheavenly website for the above adapter cable quotes: "For best results, we recommend setting the Powerlink output to "Stereo Downmix" in the speaker options to give you the best sound for your headphones, plus normal volume control from the B&O remote control."

I cannot find any "Stereo Downmix" menu choice in V1 controls. Is assigning speaker role of "LEFT FRONT" and "RIGHT FRONT" equivalent to this "Stereo Downmix"?

If anyone else who connected headphones to V1 can share their experience with setup settings, I would be eternally grateful.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi yaccobo,

Thanks for your recent purchase from my store.  You will sometimes need to turn up the volume of the Powerlink output which has the headphones connected, this is most often the case if you are using headphones that have their own volume control connected (eg. Beoplay headphones).  The alternative is to set the volume control on your headphones to maximum, then the TV volume control can be used to adjust the headphone volume, without needing to turn this up to a high level.

There are a few different options to get the full stereo sound to the headphone socket, depending on the software version on your TV.  The best options to choose in the menu (where present) are "Stereo Downmix", "Stereo Mix", or "Mix Left/Mix Right".

Using the Front left/Front right option will work, but you may miss some information that was coded into the rear speaker channels on surround sound movies.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

phult
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member
phult replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:05 AM

Another solution that I used (if you mainly use Apple TV and Netflix) is to purchase a new Apple TV 4. It has bluetooth which you can use to connect to a set of wireless headphones. Works like a charm

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS