Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Which Beosystem in Combination with an Avant 32

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member
Manbearpig Posted: Sat, Jul 21 2012 1:36 PM

Dear all,

recently I have purchased a Beovision Avant 32 VCR and a DVD2 recorder. In addition to that, I own both, the Beo4 and the Beolink 7000. Now I intend to extend my setup by a vintage HiFi system but have no idea which way to go. In the speakers department, Beolab Pentas or the Beolab 5000s are my favorites so far.

As far as the Beosystem is concerned, optically, I probably like the Beosystem 4500 best. However, optics is not the only criterium, but, of course, sound quality also matters to me. Furthermore, I want all components to work well with each other and would like to operate them via the Beolink 7000. Are there any big differences between the Beosystems 3300, 4500 and 5000-7000 as far as sound quality, durability  and operability in combination with my current setup are concerned?

Do you have any recommendations? Which Beosystem and which Beolabs would you look for if you were in my position?

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated.

Best,

Kai

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:30 PM

Beosystem 4500 for me is the far best looking system. Not sure though if a 2-way Beomaster 4500 will work with a 2-way Beolink 7000. I will give it a try this evening to see what it does. That system combined with the Beolab 3000/4500/5000 flatpanels and you have a perfect match!

Btw, did you managed to have the DVD2 working with the Avant?

Brengen & Ophalen

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member
Manbearpig replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:34 PM

Yes, the DVD2 works perfectly with my Avant. I was a little bit uncertain at first with quite some people criticizing the DVD2, but I'm 100% satisfied. However, I have a newer Avant 32 RF and have heard that there may be problems with the older Avants. What I particularly like about my combination is the fact that I can copy old VHS tapes to DVD now without any problem.

I would have the opportunity to get a white Beosystem 5500 in almost unused condition. Quality- and soundwise there probably is not much difference among the various Beosystems named in my post above, is it? However, I like the looks of the 4500 best.

Thanks very much.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:47 PM

Manbearpig:
However, I have a newer Avant 32 RF and have heard that there may be problems with the older Avants.

That's weird, I have a Avant 28 RF and no way it will work with my HDR2. Thought both units work the same.

If you're looking for a system just let me knowSmile

Brengen & Ophalen

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 7:40 AM

Leslie:
I have a Avant 28 RF and no way it will work with my HDR2

I thought the hdr2 would be ok with most beovisions. My dvd 1 which I got new is still working away.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 7:46 AM

Issue I have with the HDR2 is the "tuner dump"? Unsure

The Avant will not send any channels to the HDR2.

Brengen & Ophalen

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 908
Bronze Member

Hm, strange indeed. Any further ideas on the decision between the Beosystem 4500, 5500 and 7000?

By the way, I have two rather minor issues with my Beolink 7000: 1) when Move is Auto, it doesn't seem to stand up automatically (not sure why). When Move is Manual, there are no problems and it stands up on command 2) The sensitouch panel in the blue field seems to react a little bit unsensitive in some regions such that I have to switch from left to right hand and find the right angel of touching. It's not that disturbing but have you experienced similar problems? Generally speaking, Beolink 7000 is great!

Thanks again.

Best,

Kai

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
Posts 143
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Wed, Jul 25 2012 5:26 AM

I have a complete Beosystem 4500 connected to a US Avant 32, and it works fantastic. It is connected via the MCL/ML converter box. A special Aux cable, still available from B and O, is required to go from the 4500 to the converter, and a standard ML cable to the Avant. I have used the setup with Pentas and Beolab 6000 in the front, and a non-B&O subwoofer. I use Beolab 4's in the rear for surround sound. I also have Beolab 5000's in a link room connected via MCL to the Beolab 4500. I have an appletv with all of MP3 music connected to the avant. I can listen to the appletv easily from the link room. And with my iphone, I can control the music too. In setting "speaker 4" on the avant, I can listen to any music from the BS 4500 in surround sound and it is amazing. I probably use the Avant as  surround sound processor for music more than I use it as a TV. The Beolink 7000 works in two way mode with the 4500, and one way with the Avant. However, since so many of the Avant commands are on the Beo 4, I find I no longer use the 7000 in that room. I do use it in the link room. I believe a Beosystem 7000 or Beocenter 9500 will work identically with the Avant and the beolink 7000. I just acquired a Beocenter 9500 and it is extremely cool. 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Jul 25 2012 9:21 AM

If you plan to use a MCL system through the house with passive speakers, the BS7000 is the one to go for. I have used a similar system myself and the amplifier in the 7000 is much better for driving multiple speakers - better dynamic range. I have a BC2 and ML/MCL converter as amplier(similar to the amplifier in a 4500) and it is not as good!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS