Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

B&O shut down in Israel

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member
Menahem Yachad Posted: Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:53 AM

I hadn't been in touch with the B&O Service Manager in Israel for a while, and I spoke to him this week.

I was floored when he told me that there was no longer enough demand in Israel to warrant keeping a distributor here, and a few months ago, distribution officially ceased.

Israel no longer appears on B&O's worldwide map (and that's not a political statement ;-).

Service is still being provided to those recently sold products, and after that, it's all up in the air.

Over the last 20 years, Israel has weathered the economic storms very well (in contrast to most of the Western world), maintaining a strong currency, and an affluent population, so if B&O can't make it here, then I fear that is a portent of things to come, where economies are in much poorer shape.

Menahem Yachad

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Feb 13 2015 3:02 PM

Bad news indeed.

Hope that some repair shops can get some spare parts directly from the factory.

Amnonneedham
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Do you have a contact number for the former B&O service manager in israel as i need a small repair carried out by someone who knows what they are doing . very grateful indeed if you could help me . contact me on 0526406860.

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 177
Bronze Member
beoaus replied on Sat, Nov 5 2016 8:22 AM
I wonder if the spare parts in the warehouse are still attainable. In Australia when this happened most parts were thrown out which became a long term, terrible loss...

Beoaus

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member

If there were any parts stored here, there weren't many.

Anytime I needed a certain part, which I could not source myself, it was always a special order.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS