Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVox Cona as BeoSystem 3 sub.

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder Posted: Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:51 AM

Hi guys,

I just got a wonderful new (to me) Beovox Cona today. As soon as I took it out of the box the first thing I noticed is - wow it's big. Too big to fit reasonably in my home office where I was going to place it. 

So instead it'll have to go upstairs with the TV and the Beosystem 3. So here comes the ask:

How can I setup the Cona as the BS3 sub? I've looked at beolink passive, but that's master link ( can a master link device be a BS3 sub?) and it only has 30watt per channel output. The specs say the Cona is 125watt. 

What's the right thing to do here, besides moving houses and getting a larger home office?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
What are your other speakers in the system you are connecting it to?

I would build a ICEpower amp for it. Not sure what output I would choose on the BS3.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

thunder
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
thunder replied on Sat, Jun 17 2017 6:55 AM

Right now we have 4x Beolab 6000's plugged in for front R/L and surround R/L as well as a generic powered sub

hooked up to the sub port via power link to RCA cable. 

I had completely forgot that B&O built ICE amps for other companies. and did not know they offered them retail (or at least in volumes < 10,000's).

This I will have to investigate. Though, going down that path will cost more than the Sub did to begin with. It does look straightforward though. Solder up some wires, and place the amp in a box...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

A BL Passive can very well be used.

Just hook the amp ( = the Passive) up to the Sub-port of the BSys3 with a (fully wired) PL cable and connect the Cona to the outputs of the amp.

Be sure to make the fitting settings in the Sound menu of the BSys3.

Whether this will be better/different, than your current solution, only a test will show.

A used BL Passive will probably come cheaper than a 'DIY IcePower amp solution'.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS