Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 only works in linked room

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer Posted: Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:11 AM

Hello all,

I have been happily using my beosound 5 connected to my BV10 and BL9 for a while.  I'm not sure whether the kids have accidentally messed with the setup or something else.  All of the sudden my beosound5 stops responding to inputs from beo4 in the main room.  Hwoever everthing works fine in the link room. So my guess is its a setup probelm rather than a hardware one.

The audio master is "Yes" and AM option is set to "0"

Any experts out there can help me with this please?

Bouncer

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:49 AM

Is your BV10 set to V.OPT 2?

Stefan

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 5:23 AM

Hello Stefan,

I am not familiar with this V.Opt 2.  Do I set it from BV10 or from beosound 5?

Bouncer

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sat, Aug 24 2019 11:59 AM

Beo4:

press stdby (red dot) and LIST at the same time > display ADD? > press up/down > display OPTION? > press GO > display V.OPT > press 2 , BV10 red stdby light should flash one time > done. Control your BS5 as usual.

Stefan

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer replied on Sun, Aug 25 2019 3:18 AM

Done that Stefan. BV10 red light flashes but still the same.  

I can turn on the BS5 via the controls and I can hear the CD spinning but the main room speakers still on standby mode.  Whereas in the linked room with the BV7 I can access to BS5 with beo4.

It is tearing my hair out as it was working fine before both in main and linked room.

Bouncer

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer replied on Sun, Aug 25 2019 3:18 AM

Done that Stefan. BV10 red light flashes but still the same.  

I can turn on the BS5 via the controls and I can hear the CD spinning but the main room speakers still on standby mode.  Whereas in the linked room with the BV7 I can access to BS5 with beo4.

i'm tearing my hair out as it was working fine before both in main and linked room.

Bouncer

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Sun, Aug 25 2019 11:35 AM

So not as simple as I thought...:(

If you turn on the BS5 directly, BS5 starts and BV10 and speakers keep in standby mode?

Did you try to "reset" your main room? Disconnect BV10 and BS5 from the mains, check the ML plug on the BV10,wait a few minutes and reconnect the BS5 - wait until it has started (red light on BS5) and reconnect your BV10. The Beovision should now detect all ML devices in your setup.

I think, Masterlink connection to BV10 (junction box? ML plug?) or the ML board in your BV10 is faulty...

Hope this helps

Stefan

Bouncer
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Bouncer replied on Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:42 AM

it works!  Disconnected everything and waited for a couple of hours and reboot everything and its back to normal.

Thanks Stefan, really appreciate your help.

The next question is what happened?

Bouncer

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Mon, Aug 26 2019 10:36 AM

Good news for a good start into a new (good?) week.

Don`t know, what exactly happened, but apparently the BV10 Masterlink board lost the connection to your BS5 audiomaster (a mains interruption could cause this..)  Maybe even lost connection to the linkroom (?) - we didn`t test that....

Enjoy your Beo!

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS