Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision MX8000 image too wide

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

onlynameleft
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
onlynameleft Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 3:55 PM

Hello,
I bought a Beovision MX8000 some days ago and somehow the image is too wide. I changed the aspect ratio on my receiver already between 4:3 and 16:9 but that's not the problem. Also I changed the scart cable but nothing changed.

Is there any chance to adjust the width of the picture directly on the TV or is it a serious hardware problem?

Best,
Stephan

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
Posts 764
Gold Member

Er,the MX8000 is a conventional 4.3 aspect telly,so your connected receiver output should be set to that rather than16.9.It may also have the option of 4.3 centre cutout,which might give a better aspect.

Otherwise,the MX width can be adjusted,but rarely needs to be.It's a delve inside/service menu job tho,so you may need expect help?

Nick

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sun, Apr 15 2012 1:10 AM

If you have the original Beo4 remote, you can press the "List" button until you see "Format" in the display. Then you can choose between 1-2 or 3 to choose the right aspect ratio. If you can not see "format" you'll have to set up the Beo4 to show the format in the display.

onlynameleft
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

The TV and the reveicer are both set to 4:3.

Some days ago I found out about the service menu and I adjusted the picture as good as I could. Now that the picture "fits into the frame" of the tv it seems to be too narrow.I think I should get a test picture to set everything up correctly. But I still think it might be a hardware issue.

Stephan

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member
Stoobietoo replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:30 PM

Most programs are now produced in the "widescreen" format and you should expect to see a black bar on the top and bottom of your TV screen as your TV is not made for the "widescreen" format.

Your STB should have the settings hidden somewhere to let you choose how the image is shown on the TV screen. If you set them both to 4:3 you will get a squashed distorted picture.

You have 3 choices really,

1. Set both to 4:3 and have the squashed pictures,

2. Set the reciever to 16:9 and have the black bars

3. Some STBs have a third option such as "pan & scan" which basically inflates the picture to fill the TV screen cutting off the side edges and then tries to keep the main part of the action centred. It is not always a good option as the picture can look a bit odd or yopu can miss the action if it is not centred in the shot.

Hope that helps

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS