Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosystem 3 + Non B&O TV, apps, audio and headphones?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG Posted: Sat, Nov 4 2017 10:16 AM

Hi,

this damn Beovirus really seems to be incurable... Big Smile

Currently the Non B&O TV is connected via headphone out to a Playmaker that feeds a Beolab 7.2.

But: I bought a Beosystem 3 MK3 and need your experience for setting it up:

1.) Non B&O TV + audio. 

The TV has built in apps for Netflix, Amazon Video etc. which we use as we don't watch regular TV.
How do I solve the problem to get the audio from the TV to the Beosystem 3?
As far as I know there's no HDMI audio transmission between BS3 and the TV when I just connect the two via HDMI OUT of the Beosystem 3 to HDMI in of the TV.
I want the Beosystem 3 to start up and pass through the TVs audio to BS3 connected Beolabs when somebody presses "TV" on the Beo 4 or 5 remote.

Will there be problems with latency / lip sync?

2.) Cinema Mode: Beosystem 3 + HMZ-T2

To HDMI output 2 of the Beosystem 3 I want to connect a Sony HMZ-T2 video headset. 
I want to put audio through the HDMI out  2 of the BS3 only. When I activate the HMZ-T2 I want to stay all Beolabs powered off.
Is this possible with BS3 and how?

3.) don't disturb others: TV + Beosystem 3 + headphone amp:
I want to have the possibility to watch TV without Beolabs and just feed an external headphone amp.
Do I need to just manually plug in the headphone amp to the headphone output of the BS3 to disable Beolabs or can I configure e.g. one of those sound profiles of the Beosystem 3 to use just one Powerlink output to feed audio to the headphone amp? I want a comfortable solution that is easy to use :)

Happily awaiting your answers! :)

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Nov 8 2017 11:39 AM

Nobody can help?

1.) and 3.) solved

2.) unsolved

Is there any way to EASILY and comfortable access the sound modes (TV, Cinema etc.)? When I want to change it I have to go into sound settings etc. and when I press "Go" or the Joystick on the Beo 4 it switches on the speaker configuration menu for the sound profile, too.
Isn't there an easier way??

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder

The cinema-setting has it's own sound-setting, doesn't it?

I;ve just replaced my mk1 for a mk3 version last week, so haven't searched much. I know that there exists the "red" go setting-menu. Timings for a curtain can be set there.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,562
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Thu, Nov 9 2017 11:13 AM

See the reference guide for this.

You can set up choose different speaker roles for Cinema Mode (Format 0) - just try to deactivate all Speakers and see what happens...

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 11 2017 7:25 AM

Thanks!

But how can I switch between the speaker roles with a Beo 4 in an easy(!) way?

It is now setup that it uses speaker mode "TV" automatically when we just watch TV and "Music" when we listen to CDs etc.

To feed an external headphone amplifier I've set one Powerlink as "Beolab 3" and 10cm listening distance (shortest distance BS3 allows) and switched all other speakers off: That works.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS