Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Faulty Beoplay A8 remote?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne Posted: Thu, Sep 6 2012 9:10 PM

Hi

A weird one this, I can use the included remote to change volume but it will not change to the next or preceding track.  A light on the A8 indicates the command has been received, but it does not respond

I hope there is a simple solution!

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:42 PM

Further to my original post, I now discover I cannot change tracks using the controls on th A8 itself

Everything else works perfectly

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 3:14 PM

Problem solved.  Apparently it is an inherent problem if your itunes library is on a Mac or PC.  If you stream from, say, an iPad, the controls work perfectly

Chris Harrison
Top 200 Contributor
Peak District
Posts 381
Bronze Member

The remote turns the volume up when streaming music from a mac/ pc. 

I have an original Beosound 8. If you want to skip the track, download 'Apple Remote' app for iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch and skip the track from there - really easy but any problems, let me know. I'll talk you through it.

Beosound 8, Beotime, Beocom 4, Beo 5, Lutron Rania, MacBook 15" (Mid 2015), iPad Pro, iPhone 6S, B&O Play H3, Beolit 12, Form 2, A8 Headphones, B&O Play A1, B&O Essence

thorne
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 315
Bronze Member
thorne replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:49 PM

Yeah, thanks, that's what I have done.  It's just that I started from the premise that if there is a skip track feature on the Beoplay A8, then it ought to work!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS