Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Should I add a Beolab 2 subwoofer to my Beolab 50 set?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Dorr
Not Ranked
Soest
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Peter Dorr Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2018 7:31 PM

I will get my Beolab 50 set tomorrow, so I am very excited as you can imagine.

I still have 2 Beolab 2's sub woofers from my prev setup and wonder whether to include them in my setup or not?

I can understand why in a pure HiFi listening session it is not a good idea. The 50 should do a better job anyway. On the other hand, I just love to fully experience the action movies (I have an Atmos system setup), so nothing better then to fully feel a very deep bass during a gunfight or a space war Big Smile

Yes, in most cases the bass is "slightly more present" then is required, I admit.

So should what do you think, keep/include them in the set or just stick to the 50's and turn the bass slightly up when it's popcorn/movie time?

Many thanks for your thoughts

Peter

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Congrats on the BL50’s.

I’d suggest that you should wait asking that question, untill you have the BL50’s properly setup.....

....and integrated in your setup.

This however, will depend on how/how good the bas management of your system is.

Most likely you will realize that it won’t be necessary ;-)

But do report back, anyway....please.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member

Peter,

What are your other speakers? 

But I'm 99% convinced that you will not need the BL2 in your BL50 setup. You can.. but that would reduce the performance of the BL50s.
The BL50 are waaaaay ahead in technology and power if you compare them to the BL2. The BL2 was the first generation IcePower. Current Class D amplifiers are in a whole other league compared to the BL2.

Karel.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,169
Bronze Member
Hi Peter,

In my place the bl50’s are sometimes already too much in a good way. I used to have a one bl2 here and that was nice, but in my opinion one bl50 is already about 30% more than one bl2. So unless your space is huge (as in more that 7x6meter) i would guess they’ll be sitting they not doing anything. I can imagine keeping one of them dedicated for the rear channel, depending on what you have for rear speakers.

I have bl18’s as rears and they thump away and in conjuction with the whole system i can not imagine that a bl2 would ad much, unless you have a very big space or slightly smaller/less powered rear speakers.

Just my 2 cents though, i still love bl2’s they’re really coolStick out tongue

Michael

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS