Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 mark 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member
bidstonhall Posted: Sat, Jun 2 2018 10:59 AM

hi all,  just had my post go for moderation so don't know if I'll ever see it again, I need some help for tomorrow so it was a real pain to lose it 

anyway my question is should I look for anything special on a Beosound 9000 which appeared at my local auction today, it includes beolab 4000 speakers and a horizontal wall bracket 

am just concerned with it being a mark 1, am returning tomorrow with CDs to do a full test, any tips would be appreciated, cheers 

rxcohen
Top 500 Contributor
New York
Posts 201
Bronze Member
rxcohen replied on Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:57 PM

I would stay away from a MK1 given the issue of finding replacement parts for the laser. And my feeling is if the laser has not failed yet it will. I would look for MK2 or MK3 with new laser. If you still want to move ahead just check the mechanism works in all positions, perhaps run a fault check (look at the maintenance guide as there are a number of fault checks that you can run through with a Beo4), the door open and closes properly, etc. Again the laser mechanism is the main concern here. 

BV11-55, BS9000, BL1, BL19, Transmitter 1, Beo4, Beocom 6000, BeoTalk1 200, Sennheiser HD600, McIntosh MHA100

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply, I think you're right, have been looking at previous posts and it looks like a serious gamble, it's the first time I've seen one for sale in thailand so I was pretty excited but too risky for sure, pity really 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS