Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter display bulb issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Bjorn
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
Posts 35
Bronze Member
Bjorn Posted: Sun, Feb 2 2014 10:29 AM

I'm guessing that many have has issues with the display lamp on Beocenter 2000, 2200, 4000 etc...

I noticed a few years ago that finding replacements was nearly impossible. I'm curious to find out what solutions others have found to this issue. My first solution was to use slightly lower voltage bulbs 12v being readily available and inexpensive. These would last for about 18 months and are inexpensive. 

This year I undertook a modification to fit 15-18V LED strips behind the panel.  After lifting the display panel on my BC4000  using a dremel I channeld out a small trench between the two hold that contain the bulbs, and fitted 2 LED strips, these were actually the strips you get for model railways, rated 12-18V. Each side has 3 superbright LEDs, replaced the whole panel and the display is perfect.  I tried with single LEDs but the light distribution wasn't too brilliant. 

Even better, the display panel doesn't get too warm, like it used to with the bulbs.  

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Feb 2 2014 11:41 AM

I can supply correct lamps for the Beocenter 2100, 2200 and 4000 dial illumination.

Martin

ColinPowell
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

How much are the bulbs please for the 2200 beocenter

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 7:51 PM

For parts requests please email or PM me,
or use the contact form on the beoparts website.
www.beoparts.com

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS