Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 6 -HDR1 Connection menu greyed-out

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger Posted: Mon, Oct 15 2012 3:05 PM

JUst bought a used Beovision 6-26 for my daughter's bedroom. It came with an HDR1 and DVD.

When I go into the TV connections menu I can find four STB's listed. When I go into the HDR menu the connections line is greyed out. I know that the previous owner had a freeview box connected via the HDR so I think I am right in assuming that the HDR has got a STB-C controller in it. So why is the connections option greyed out? What am I doing wrong?

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:49 PM

Having swapped the HDR1 with the HDR1 on our main TV I have found that the four STB's that I thought were listed on the BV6 are actually on the HDR1 which evidently, and unlike our first HDR1 (with a full STB-C list), just has a limited PUC list.

So, new Freeview STB from this list is on order and with any luck I will simply find that the manual for the newly acquired HDR1 is wrong and an STB-C list is not available. Hopefully choosing from the 4 listed boxes (after selecting the VTape+STB option) is all that's needed, and the greyed-out CONNECTIONS on the SETUP page can be ignored.

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:05 PM

Everything now set-up on th aBV6 with a new Icecrypt Freeview box. Problem remains.

The TV will receive the Freeview signal via the HDR1 but, although the Icecrypt box has been selected in the TV connections menu, it remains greyed-out in the HDR1 menu. Checking with a digital camera, there appears to be no signal coming from the IR blaster. Does all of this suggest that the TV's internal IR blaster module has actually failed? How easy is this module to access and replace?

(As indicated previously, connecting the HDR1 to my BV5 brings up the connections menu just as you would expect. It's only greyed-out if connected to the BV6).

Graham

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:18 PM

If you're using the STB-C that is inside the HDR1, then the IR blaster should be plugged into the HDR1's DATA socket and not into the TV.

Hope this helps!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:25 PM

Guy:

If you're using the STB-C that is inside the HDR1, then the IR blaster should be plugged into the HDR1's DATA socket and not into the TV.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Guy. That's how my two boxes are set-up on the BV5, wih the Freeview STB controlled directly by the HDR1. The BV6 hadbook suggests that the STB blaster link can go direct from the TV to the Freeview box, with just a scart from the HDR1 to the TV. Anyway, both of these approaches seem not to work.  Another possibility is that I've been supplied with a scart lead without all the pins connected.

Graham

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 10:44 PM

Hi Graham

I am visiting a client on the Wirral tomorrow. I can pop round and have a look if you are in. I can also bring a spare STBc emitter just in case yours is faulty.

Give me a call at the store.

Regards

Opman

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 8:11 PM

Possible mini-jack socket issue on the HDR1.

I have posed a question in the Workshop forum.

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:49 PM

After much fiddling about with a potentially defective jack plug / socket issue on the IR blaster connection, I have now got everything working as it should and I am now going to leave well alone for as long as possible.

I was on the point of buying a replacement box and have now established with Matt's help at Lifestyle and Nick's at LIverpool B&O (and through checking another of  my own HDR1's connected to another TV) that in its short production life the HDR1 initially had an STB-C controller (with Panasonic TU30 or similar) as the UK Freeview box, whereas later (assumed later) boxes had a PUC which may possibly had an initial default loading of four Freeview STB's, including in my case an  Icecrypt, Sagem, and Topfield PVR. So anyone purchasing one of these boxes really needs to double check which STB's exist on the PUC or STB-C because without a possible PUC updating they will be stuck with the Freeview boxes already listed.

The only way to get the HDR1 to operate properly as a recording/ pausing buffer etc is to have it set-up via its own menu with the blaster jack plug into the HDR1 rather than the TV. You can fool the TV into thinking it has a VCR linked to it (and using the TV's own blaster link) but you don't seem to get full HDR functionality with that approach.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS