Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

din connector

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

ar2be
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
ar2be Posted: Wed, Apr 24 2019 3:04 AM

Hi All,

I have a beogram 3000 model 5231 with rca jacks on it. I would like to go back to what I am guessing would be a 5 pin din connector for it. What posts do I need to use to match the plug in a beomaster 1900?

Thanks, Bob

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:34 AM

This page on the Beolover Blog shows a good diagram on the phono wires to for a Beogram DIN plug. Along with the RCA jacks is there a separate chassis ground wire?

-sonavor

ar2be
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
ar2be replied on Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:11 AM

Yes I do have a ground wire from the turntable to the ground post on the beomaster 1900. I do have to do some more investigating as I only have one channel working at this time. Do you know if there is a way to check the cartridge function with a multimeter?

Thanks,Bob

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:54 AM

Yes you can make some measurements using a DMM. Here is a short description from the Shure cartridge manufacturer.  I have never tried doing measurements that way however.  I always test cartridges using a Beogram turntable, a test record and an audio analyzer.

I thought you were wanting to know about replacing the phono cable RCA jacks with a proper DIN plug for a Beomaster 1900.  
Getting back to that question you will have all the wires you need from the two RCA jacks and the chassis ground wire to put together the 5-Pin DIN plug. Note: Some Beomaster 1900 units come with a 7-Pin DIN plug but that doesn't matter. The number 6 and 7 pins aren't used by the BM1900 and the 5-Pin DIN plug fits in the 7-Pin DIN socket no problem.

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS