Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 1900 repair help

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Martynmcg
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Martynmcg Posted: Sun, Apr 14 2019 3:06 PM

Hi

i just got myself a beomaster 1900 thats in perfect cosmetic condition and all the bulbs are working however it does seem to have a couple of issues and I am wondering if anyone can tell me where to start diagnosing them.

the phono channel has a humming noise which I believe may be the capacitors? Also the sound seems a little flat and I am not sure both channels sound the same.

the tuner also seems very weak; I used to use an old beosystem with no antenna and had no issues; this will only faintly pick up channels 

any advice would be appreciated and if it needs any capacitors or whatever changing does anyone know if Dillen does a kit for these?

regards

martyn

Martynmcg
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Martynmcg replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 7:27 PM

I think I am more or less on top of the main problems; in the process of changing a lot of caps.

however the sliding plastic screens for the base treble and balance are deteriorated; does anybody have a good set of these or know if Dillen has any reproductions?

I would be tempted to try and print some of my own on to acetate but I am not sure if it’s safe given the heat...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS