Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoaster 2400 problems

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Tomas Graffman
Not Ranked
sweden
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Tomas Graffman Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:16 AM

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum though I´ve been lurking around for a while an I´m impressed with all the knowledge you guys possess.
Now I wonder if you could help me with my Beomaster 2400?

First: the tonecontrols doesn´t work, no change in sound when I use them.
Both of them worked fine and stopped at the same time.

Second: it is hard to turn on. When it´s placed on a table the relay just clicks, a hum is heard and then it goes into standby. When hung on the wall it works, sometimes!
If I tilt it on in the "hanging on the wall position" it works but as I lower it down against the "standing on the table position" it goes into standby.

I am not sure but I think it all started after I replaced all the bulbs with a "Dillenkit"

Any suggestions?

/Tomas

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 9:39 AM

Sounds like there is something that shorts when you place it on the table. Check for loose wires and other loose things. It could also be a bad solder joint somewhere that "opens" when the BM is placed horizontally. I don't have time to look in the schematics right now so I can't give you better directions.

/  Johan

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:03 PM

Tone controls: Check the other recent thread. It's a matter of taking apart the potentiometers and glue back the small
bronze contacts that have broken off.
There's also a lot more info in our archived forum sections.

The other problem; Resolder the four large output stage transistors. With square transistor pins fit into round
board holes they tend to crack their joints and the safety circuit kicks in when something is amiss in these quarters.

Martin

Tomas Graffman
Not Ranked
sweden
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Resoldered the transistors but no luck. Works fine until I push the red thing at the arrow, then it goes to standby.
Seems to be some other solderjoints? Where should I start looking?

/Tomas

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS