Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

V1 turns off without notice

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

dinico
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
dinico Posted: Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:10 PM

Hi to everybody,

I'm new to this forum and want now to pose my first question:

Actually using a new V1 with Apple TV attached to it since 3 weeks. Until now I had rarely this problem but now it starts to get a little bit annoying. My V1 tuns itself off without any kind of warning. In most cases the "turn off" procedure starts just after my remote blocks completely (you can't switch channels, or changing the volume). 

So far I was ver happy with the V1. It's absolutely a great TV. The best I ever had. So going back to my dealer I wanted to ask if somebody had similar experiences and if I should ask for a complete replacement.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hubbe
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
Hubbe replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:26 PM

Talk to the dealer and see what they say about it. I don´t have a V1 yet. Will have it delivered any day now. Hopefully another V1 owner will see this thread and report if they have similar problems. Good luck!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 1:56 PM

Strange... I had the same problem with my first BV10 (Mk I). 

• Suddenly TV does not react to Beo4.
  • The green light on TV lights up
  • After a minute or so the BV10 reboots, and switch on again. Everything is normal again.

My dealer replaced the set (had other problems as well), and now the replacement BV10 (Mk II) have done the same stunt as the old. But only once since the replacement in November last year. 

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

dinico
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
dinico replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 2:24 PM

Hi, 

Just talked to my dealer. Apparently this kind of problem is known at B&O in Denmark. Looks like a software issue... let's hope to get a fix for that.

Cheers,

dinico
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
dinico replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 7:30 PM

Hi everybody,

Just found a solution myself Big Smile

I've turned the WLAN port of my V1 off. Now it works since 3 days without any problem. If I need to download a new firmware I have to manually turn on the WLAN port but that's rarely the case and not a problem. I noticed that I had the problems when using my iPad or using iPhone browsing the web.

Anyway I have reported my workaround to B&O. 

Maybe this is useful for you guy out there!

Cheers,

dinico
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
dinico replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 7:30 PM

Hi everybody,

Just found a solution myself Big Smile

I've turned the WLAN port of my V1 off. Now it works since 3 days without any problem. If I need to download a new firmware I have to manually turn on the WLAN port but that's rarely the case and not a problem. I noticed that I had the problems when using my iPad or using iPhone browsing the web.

Anyway I have reported my workaround to B&O. 

Maybe this is useful for you guys out there!

Cheers,

dinico
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bronze Member
dinico replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 10:47 AM

Hi everybody,

I've just upgraded my V1 and all problems went away Big Smile

I can now use my WLAN without problems and do not have to turn off the WLAN on the V1. I can also watch my favorite Apple TV movies in all V1 modes (movie, game, adaptive) without any problems. 

Thank you B&O for this upgrade! 

Cheers,

Mdjolly1973
Not Ranked
Posts 51
Bronze Member
My problem with the V1 is when i turn it on by the remote control it switches on fine showing picture and sound BUT then wont accept any further commands for about 20 seconds after as tho its warming up?!
Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:27 PM

It is recommended to set the V1 & BeoVision11 to automatically check for software updates when installing the TV.

The other thing to check is the auto stand by function. The default is that after 4 hours of use without a button press on the remote, the TV switches to stand by. You can switch this function off if it affects your viewing habit.

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS