Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSound 1 GVA software update 1.2

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
suneetjulka Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:53 PM

Hi all...

Does anyone own a Beosound 1 with Google Voice Assistant and if so how are you using the four preset touch buttons that were introduced as part of the latest software update?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to set one of the preset buttons to activate one of the sources from the BeoSound 1's local list?  If anyone knows how to do this please share the steps for setting it up.  What I'd like to be able to do is press the first button and for it to play the audio from my TV's (Avant) set-top box (Sky HD UK).  Currently, if I double tap the centre button to change source I can achieve this but I'd like to avoid having to double press the centre button.  

Thanks.

petrosbeli
Not Ranked
Posts 64
Bronze Member

Works like this:

- You long press (=set) one of the favourite buttons on the BS1/2 with the Google Assistant and then you speak up a command, eg. "Play my playlist xxx from Spotify" or "set the living room lights to 60%" or "how will the weather be tomorrow". That saves the query in the specific button

- At any later point in time you simply press the button to invoke that saved command. So you press the button and your playlist just starts playing. Or the lights turn on, or you get the latest weather forecast

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:26 PM
petrosbeli:

. "Play my playlist xxx from Spotify"

I assume you can do that for Deezer as well? Right?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 164
Bronze Member
andybandy replied on Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:40 PM

@Hiort

Deezer on Google Home is available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and the United States.

Supported languages for Deezer on Google Home include: English, French, German, and Italian. More languages are due in the future.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:37 PM

Just had my Beosound 1 GA delivered.

I replaced my BS1 MKi. Its a significant improvement in sound I must say, compared to the old version. Much clearer voice and midrange. 

Nice to be able to select e.g radiostations from TuneIn using GA. Eventually I´m sure Deezer will proviide GA support in my country.

Will add some lights to control as well.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 4:13 PM

One thing to know if you have more B&O devices in your home and add a e.g a BS1 GA is:

When telling Google Assistant to play something from e.g Google, its Chromecast that is activated. This mean that you cannot join from another multiroom speaker. I think that is a drawback,

So in order to play to my other sources (in sync) I need to create groups with them in Google Home.

Would be better that GA could work with the local sources, so that multiroom is handled over B&O.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

It has never been possible to redirect a casted session (= no joining within the B&O NL).

This is not new with the BS1/GA - blame Google for that.

Live with the cast groups (some say benefit from it)......or use the good old ‘non -voice B&O multiroom function’, when playing from internal TuneIN.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

Hi Petrosbeli... thanks for the clarification, I did know that already but I guess this will benefit anyone reading this thread who wasn't aware.  

What I wanted to know was whether or not it is possible to set one of the preset buttons to activate one of the sources in the BeoSound 1's local list (when you go into the Settings --> Your Content ---> Sources ---> In Local List)

From what I can determine, at present, it is not possible to, say, set one of the preset buttons to play the audio from the BV Avant 55" mk2 or to set one of the buttons to activate multiroom sending the audio to another B&O speaker.  

It seems that for the time being we are forced to double press the centre button to change source, which is fine... but it would have been better if they made it possible to set the preset buttons to interact with your B&O equipment.  I think because the preset buttons are tied-in and perhaps proprietary with Google Assistant, that B&O have not been able to get Google to add this functionality, which is a shame.

Can anyone confirm this or clarify?  My apologies if anyone has cleared this up already, but I just wanted extra clarification/confirmation... I am slowly beginning to accept the limitations of the preset buttons.

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

Let's flag this with B&O and if enough people request it, just maybe they will try and implement it?

suneetjulka
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

Hiort:

One thing to know if you have more B&O devices in your home and add a e.g a BS1 GA is:

When telling Google Assistant to play something from e.g Google, its Chromecast that is activated. This mean that you cannot join from another multiroom speaker. I think that is a drawback,

So in order to play to my other sources (in sync) I need to create groups with them in Google Home.

Would be better that GA could work with the local sources, so that multiroom is handled over B&O.

See this email from B&O Support...

Marti (BEOPLAY) 

Feb 12, 10:23 CET 

Dear Suneet,

Thank you for contacting Bang & Olufsen Support.

As we have partnered heavily with Google with the integration of their voice assistant, all commands are done via it and by extension the Google Home app. As such commands can be setup to refer to settings, groups, sources, and anything else in the Google Home app. If you need specific help with this I would refer you to Google support directly.

In regards to using your Avant TV with the voice assistant, I'm afraid that is not possible at this moment in time, but it is a request we have heard and are looking into.

Kind regards,

Marti
Bang & Olufsen Support

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:03 PM
suneetjulka:

What I wanted to know was whether or not it is possible to set one of the preset buttons to activate one of the sources in the BeoSound 1's local list (when you go into the Settings --> Your Content ---> Sources ---> In Local List)

It’s not possible.

The preset buttons can only store Google voice commands, if you would rather press a button than using your voice for commands you use often.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:18 PM
Millemissen:

It has never been possible to redirect a casted session (= no joining within the B&O NL).

I’m not blaming anyone. I just think it’s a bit stupid and it gets complicated for the normal customer to understand the difference between a casted session versus the built in source.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 10:37 PM

Hiort:
Millemissen:

I’m not blaming anyone. I just think it’s a bit stupid and it gets complicated for the normal customer to understand the difference between a casted session versus the built in source.

Agree it is complicated. And even more so would really be great for my use case. Would love to use GVA and then have more B&O speakers join this stream via "tap". Would make me buy a third BS1 and likely also an A6.

There is hope though... (from official B&O web-site):

"we expect multiroom distribution, among Google Cast products, to be enabled in a future software version."
https://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/14318/loc/en_GB/s/16777216_26701d9c1397e-e810-4b86-9aa7-8e8106e49eea/prTxnId/932085139/txnId/932085139#__highlight

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That link is very old - it obviously remained wishfull thinking....nothing that B&O can change much about.

Otherweise they would have done it by now, I guess.

It’s not that much about ‘blaming’ anyone - it’s more about understanding that this is about two different takes on multiroom.

And that the costumer practically has to decide for which one to use.

Obviously B&O nowadays has choosen to go down the ‘google route’, since they seem to believe that integrating their devices with non-B&O devices is important....and thus letting NL/BeoLink play the minor part.

As I wrote, it has never been possible to combine these two technologies - noone should be surprised by that.

MM

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 11:22 PM

Just one year old... And in our world of B&O, I wouldn't expect anything to materialize as soon as one year. So, there is still hope. The link also spells out explicitly that it would only allow distribution to B&O devices that also support google cast. Anyhow, you are typically well informed, which makes me worried. Still hope you are wrong this time... It would be really great to have the beauty of NL (tap device to join), while at the same time the GVA and the convenience of CCA more broadly. As said, would trigger immediate purchase of 2-3 more B&O speakers...

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Mar 21 2019 6:47 PM
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the GA voice volume?

It’s too loud and it’s not adjusted by the default volume setting in the B&O app.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:02 AM

Received a 1.3 update of firmware.

Now the "shortcut buttons" are lit up and usable, even if the BS1 was setup using a phone set for Swedsh region. Before it had to be US region to work. 

A swedish voice is now guiding how to configure the shortcuts.

One of my buttons is now configured to "Play Paradise Radio in the house". That triggers Deezer to play that station, over Chromecast, on all my devices around the house.

Guess its available for other regions as well.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 12:36 PM

My dealer tells me that Beosound 1 and 2 (google assitant version)  respectively can be paired to form a stereo pair.

I only have one BS1 Mk2 so I cannot try this feature :)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 10 2019 9:15 PM

Hiort:

It’s too loud and it’s not adjusted by the default volume setting in the B&O app.

My problems with GA voice being too loud and that volume control of the Chromecast plays was not working properly has been solved by the latest fw update: 1.3.30166

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 4:32 AM

Hiort:

Hiort:

My problems with GA voice being too loud and that volume control of the Chromecast plays was not working properly has been solved by the latest fw update: 1.3.30166

Hello, Hiort. How do you turn down the GVAvolume?

kind regards 

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 4:32 AM

Hiort:

Hiort:

kind regards 

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 6:03 AM
Hiort:

My dealer tells me that Beosound 1 and 2 (google assitant version) respectively can be paired to form a stereo pair.

I only have one BS1 Mk2 so I cannot try this feature :)

This would be amazing! Anyone can confirm that this is correct? Any limitations?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

That is a feature, that is available for any two Chromecast speakers - and is done using the Google Home app.

However, then you will have to use the BS1’s only via casting.

MM

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 11:48 AM
Millemissen:

That is a feature, that is available for any two Chromecast speakers - and is done using the Google Home app.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Oh :( This means chromecast, right? Wont work with AP2 or NL or line-in?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 12:44 PM
StKong:

kind regards

Well, with the update the GVA went from very loud to less loud.

To my knowledge you cannot adjust the level of the “voice”. I see that it is a feature that many google users are requesting in forums.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Dec 28 2019 12:46 PM
Millemissen:

MM

You mean adjusting the GVA voice level?

Could you explain more?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Hiort:
Millemissen:

MM

You mean adjusting the GVA voice level?

Could you explain more?

That related to the question about stereo pairing.

I have no idea of how to lower the GVA voice.

MM

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 320
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:00 AM

Hiort:
StKong:

kind regards

Well, with the update the GVA went from very loud to less loud.

To my knowledge you cannot adjust the level of the “voice”. I see that it is a feature that many google users are requesting in forums.

That really is a pity. As it is now, if I turn the unit on, it loudly proclaims that the microphone is deactivated but can be turned on by the push of a button.

As someone who will not be buying into the Google ecosystem, I find that the Google integration has crippled the product for people wishing to own integrated B&O in the good old fashion. Beolink is deactivated out of the box (but can be turned on), source selection by tapping must be specifically activated, I cannot connect to bluetooth without engaging with the Google Home app, the timer must be set within the Google Home app, and finally I have to accept four red dots on the top of the dial as a constant visual reminder that I have turned off Google(!!!).
Am I the only one who considers this a step away from a proper B&O experience? 

I am considering buying a Beosound 1 without Google Voice Assistant. It  seems to me a truer B&O product.

But –– does anyone know if there are other differences than the microphones and chips implementing the Google experience? Is the speaker the same in terms of audio?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all,

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 29 2019 10:58 AM

Millemissen:

That related to the question about stereo pairing.

I have no idea of how to lower the GVA voice.

MM

Ok. I misunderstood.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:02 AM

StKong:

But –– does anyone know if there are other differences than the microphones and chips implementing the Google experience? Is the speaker the same in terms of audio?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all,

I agree that the Google implementation somewhat confuses the use of B&O Multiroom.

Regarding sound quality, I used to own a Beosound 1 of the first version, but I think the GVA version sound better. I even did a side-by-side comparison at my dealer and I experience the sound a bit more "open" on the newer device.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:36 AM
MKII with or without GVA is better soundwise, I was told by dealer.

https://youtu.be/RRnXYT_49rc

John from Manchester did conclude also as I remember correctly.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:59 PM
Found a workaround for the loud voice from GA.

Go to Google Home app.

Select Beosound 1 and tap the cog wheel for settings.

Activate night mood.

Select time.

Adjust sound level.

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS