Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BEOCORD 6000 stays in Standby mode !

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Nicolas
Not Ranked
St-Nazaire
Posts 2
Silver Member
Nicolas Posted: Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:14 PM

Hi everybody,

I've recently restored a Beocord 6000 and recap it with Dillen's kit (Martin Olsen).

I 've to say that before an after the recap operation, this one worked "perfectly" well.

In fact almost all, until then my Beocord 6000 worked well (except for one record LED during record test).

But after final outside and inside cleaning operations, now this one remains in standby mode (with the little red dot active onto glass panel) whatever I do ?!

Maybe someone of you would have an idea about this problem ?
I've tested supply voltages and there are good.
I've tested again and again solder joints without success until now.

Maybe a reset operation onto IC8 or IC9 from module 1 (microcomputer and display) ?

I've already encountered the same problem with my Beomaster 6000 but I resolved it adjusting the "No Load Current". Do there is such adjustments for Beocord 6000 ?

Thank you very much for any advice !
Best regards,
Nicolas (from France - Sorry for my english…)

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 5:51 AM

Hi Nicolas,
I haven't ever worked on any of the Beocord electronics. My suggestion would be to check the service manual to see if it mentions any adjustments of the standby circuitry. Then start with what triggers the standby logic and work your way from there. If there isn't anything in the manual specifically about it hopefully someone on the workbench forum will be able to give you a starting point. Just to cover what you have done so far...If you recapped the Beocord 6000, have you gone back and double-checked that the polarities of the electrolytic caps you installed are all in correctly?  Also, that all the solder points are good?

As I said, I haven't working on a Beocord 6000 but on my Beomaster 6000, after the recap, I had to adjust a trimmer on one of the voltage references to the logic board before it would work properly.  Maybe something similar with the Beocord. Just a guess on my part though.

-sonavor

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:19 AM

Check connections and plugs.
Particularly to the operation panel and the interconnect(s) between the two large boards in the upper part.
Check solder joints where connectors are soldered into boards.
Check the bare-wire plug-in connections.

Will it start if activated by datalink (remote through Beomaster)?

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS