Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 6-26, DVB-T, missing channel C22 (482.0MHz)

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

misterbe
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
misterbe Posted: Sat, Sep 8 2012 8:05 AM

I have installed a DVB-T module (not HD) into my Beovision 6-26/Type 9272 according to the “mounting instruction for DVB module kit 1404220/1446600”. I only couldn’t carry out the last step of the instructions which is “for Beovision 6 only, use ServiceTool to update to M2 SW 4.0 or higher”.

When searching for channels the module doesn’t pick up C22 at 482.0 MHz and I am therefore missing all the BBC TV channels and radio stations. All other channels are recognised without any problems.

When connecting a Panasonic TU-CT20 Freeview box via the STB controller C22 at 482.0 MHZ is found with nearly maximum signal strength and I therefore rule out that the issue is related to aerial/reception.

For Monitor Information, DTV Service Menu and Module Information see video clip.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151029305766333

Does anyone know if the missing software upgrade would solve the issue and if the ServiceTool software can be downloaded anywhere?

akoro
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
akoro replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 6:02 PM
Are you using the same cable? I have seen numerous antenna cables that are broken in the middle conductor. You cannot see it by looking at the cable. This kind of cable failure leads to missing channels like you described.
misterbe
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

I have connected the same aerial cable several times to the built-in freeview module and to the external freeview box. As previously the problem only occurs when connecting the cable to the built-in freeview module. The reception of all channels is perfectly fine when connecting through the external freeview box. Could the socket of the freeview module differ to socket in the external freeview box? Are there different standards for aerial plugs/sockets? The look the same to me though

akoro
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
akoro replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 8:59 PM
Just to be sure - have you connected the aerial cable to the new DVB-T module antenna socket on your tv?

Another quess, what is your link frequency on the masterlink modulator?
misterbe
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
misterbe replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:30 PM

The aerial cable is connected to the DVB-T module antenna socket. I assume that I wouldn't have been able to receive any channels if the cable would have been connected to the wrong antenna socket.

How can I obtain the link frequency on the masterlink modulator?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS