Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocom 6000 Line Busy

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Sbfbdo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Sbfbdo Posted: Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:52 PM

I purchased a Mark II Beocom 6000 with charger, then purchased a PSTN Beoline (larger black square one) i have been able to register the handset but not able to use it as the phone just says line busy all the time, and if i try to call any number i either get a few beeps from the phone or no sound at all.

Any Thoughts? Would this be anything to do with software or compatibility?

plumber77
Not Ranked
Posts 76
Bronze Member
plumber77 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:57 PM

think you have the mk1 pstn

Sbfbdo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Sbfbdo replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:04 PM

This is a photo of the back if this helps....

will this not work with the mark ii phone, as I read online that they were backwards compatible.

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:37 PM

Your mark 2 handset should work with this PSTN. If it has allowed you to register the handset to the base but it won't make or receive calls it is either a set up issue or a faulty product.

Have you tested the phone line with another phone?

The PSTN should connect to a three way splitter into the socket marked "APP". The splitter should NOT have a white dot on it as this is for the older version of the BeoCom6000 base. The splitter then has two more sockets marked "LINE" and "POWER". The power goes to your electrical mains socket and the line goes to the phone socket. The line cable should have a square plastic plug at each end. The end that goes into the wall socket should then have an adaptor that converts it for the BT wall socket. If you have any variation from this it will cause no operation.

Can you post a pic of your cables and how they are connected?

Opman

danezro
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 106
Founder
danezro replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 8:22 AM

I had the same problem a few times and it turned out to be the telephone provider which was Virgin at the time. There was a problem with the phone cable outside my home and nothing to do with the phone setup. 

Maybe phone your telephone provider and ask them to check your line.

Dan

Sbfbdo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Sbfbdo replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:09 PM

Here Opman

This is the setup currently....

I have also tried using a different phone cable too

Sbfbdo
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
Sbfbdo replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:17 PM

Fixed it! I used a different cable and an adapter at the end and all works well .... Thanks for your input

Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:05 AM

I'm glad that you have been able to resolve the problem. Smile

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS