Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolab 3500 - switches on but no audio

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

dennisboutrup
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
dennisboutrup Posted: Sat, May 2 2020 8:33 PM

First of all - i am quite new to B&O world (and thereby masterlink). Therefore please forgive me if i made a rookie mistake ;-)

The basics:

Beosound 4 - connected with 2meter brand new master link cable.

Beolab 3500 #1 - Switches on as i should while tapping the mute button

Beolab #2 - It switches on but does not pass audio (i can here the relay tick and the display changes as #1).

But it does not show "CD" for instance like #1 and it does not respond to volume up/and/or down.

The timer button will display timer on as #1.

Menu 0 4 GO will enable the MCL port (at current i am waiting for MCL cable to test this).

My concern is - is the masterlink interface fried on this one?

My initial idea was wrong config 

The manual page 22 gives out option 0 (no remote), option 4 (same room as main system) and option 6 (BS3500 in another room as main system).

I hit it up as option 4 and option 6 but no apperant changes.

Any ideas?

I was thinking up swapping the mainbord with #1 and #2 - but before i spent the time on that i would hear the experts :-)

dennisboutrup
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member

Menu 0 2 GO 

Shows : NO ML

I used the same cable as #1 

Champbeo
Not Ranked
Posts 43
Bronze Member

Hi

With the BeoSound 4 and the BeoLab 3500 setup close to each other for testing.

I'm guessing that you have a Beo4 remote control. It will make this easier.

If you hold you hand over the tip of the remote control. Where the IR-signals shoot out. Then the hand works as a signal damper. So the signal can't reach very far. Do this if possible and to avoid turning on both devices at the same time.

Put both the BeoSound 4 and the BeoLab 3500 in standby mode.

Point with the remote control at the BeoSound 4. Go close to the device.

We want to set the A.OPT (Audio Option) to 1.

--- BeoSound 4 --- (From the manual)

> While holding down the • button, press LIST.

> Let go of both buttons.

> Press LIST repeatedly until OPTION? is shown in the Beo4 display and press GO.

> Press LIST repeatedly until A.OPT is shown in the Beo4 display and then key in the appropriate number (0, 1, 2, 5 or 6).

---------------------

Now point with the remote control at the BeoLab 3500. Go close to the device.

We want to set the L.OPT (Link Option) to 6.

--- BeoLab 3500 --- (From the manual)

> While holding down the • button, press LIST.

> Let go of both buttons.

> Press LIST repeatedly until OPTION? is shown in the Beo4 display and press GO.

> Press LIST repeatedly until L.OPT is shown in the Beo4 display and then key in the appropriate number (0, 4, 5 or 6).

---------------------

After the above is done. Put a CD in the BeoSound 4 and then switch off to standby mode.

Point the remote into your hand over the BeoLab 3500 and press CD. Then both BeoSound 4 and the BeoLab 3500 will turn on and the CD will play.

Hopefully.

I hope this helps you.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

dennisboutrup:

Menu 0 4 GO will enable the MCL port (at current i am waiting for MCL cable to test this).

Your setup will not work with MCL as the Beosound 4 is only Masterlink and has no MCL socket as far as I recall.  You need to make sure the BL3500 are in Masterlink mode. 

Stoobie 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS