Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 5500 blows up resistors...

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

pierre69
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
pierre69 Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2020 4:47 PM

Hi everyone !
My name is Pierre, I write you from France near Lyon. I recently bought my first B&O system, it is a Beosystem 5500.
I love the design, I am really happy even if the system is not at the top (for the moment).
When I bought it, according to the seller only the MCP had a problem.
After verification, the MCP was down. The Beogram CD50 was also down, the Beocord 5500 has some problems and the Beomaster 5500 is not either working.
I fixed the MCP, someone has replaced the smoked plastic glass on the display by a black one ! So it was impossible to see anything. I have order a piece of new plastic glass with the correct darkness, I glued it, I replaced the capacitors and now, it works very well.
I fixed the Beogram CD50. The motor was not spinning correctly. There was also a problem with the mute circuit and a problem with the draw. It works also well. I used the topic on this forum, it was very helpful.
I have a small problem onthe Beocord 5500, there is no fast foward and fast rewind even with the belt replaced. I will create a topic for this unit.
The most important problem is with the Beomaster 5500.
I solved the first problem. There was a capacitor blown in the protect circuit. Now the unit stays on.
The second problem is that when I power on the beomaster The resistor R224 and R225 blows up and even IC200 and IC201.
I replaced R224 and R225. I have desoldered and checked TR205, TR206, TR208 and TR209. There are all ok.
I have replaced the variable resistor R226 and cheked all the others resistors.
When I mesure tensions with IC200 and IC201 desoldered, there is +40V in the part that I have marked in red. I think that the problem is here but I can't find why there is so much tension.
I have marked in blue the part of the circuit with +40V and in yellow the part with -40V.
The problem is the same on the left channel but instead of having +40V, I have -11V.
If someone have an idea, I will be really pleased because I am completely lost. Sad
Thank you !
Pierre

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS