Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MCL2 P Service Manual

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan Posted: Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:48 AM

Hi all,

does anyone happen to have a service manual for the MCL2 P? I did find one off another site but the scan is so poor that it's hardly usable.

Cheers

/  Johan

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

check your mail ...

br

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:33 AM

The first on was the one I found previously, but it's really bad. The other one though was much better.

Thanks a lot!

/  Johan

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

You're welcome...

By the way, do you have some experience with MCL2P and its configurations?

I still didn't solve my problem (please see my topic: http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/3606/32467.aspx#32467) Sad

Do you have an idea how to activate "Speaker 2" or "Speaker 3"  settings on my BV8 to be possible to use the passive Beovox speakers via MCL2P?

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:01 PM

I don't own a B&O tv so I have no idea. I have a hard time imagining that it'd have anything to do with the MCL2P, it's just a dumb amp. Of course it could be broken.. You could try driving it with something else and find out if it works. Perhaps you have some Beomaster or whatever with pre-out? In that case buy (or build) the appropriate cable and feed the MCL2P. Just remember that it needs PL activation signal to turn on.

You're saying that the MCL2P goes green when you turn on your tv? That, to me, suggests that the PL socket is indeed activated, but I'm not sure. But that would also mean that the MCL2P could be broken in some way.

Sorry, to be of so little help, but I have no experience with tvs.

/  Johan

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:04 PM

To clarify, don't connect the MCL2P to something at line-level, it will be horrendously loud. It needs to be volume regulated.

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
Posts 239
Silver Member
Johan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:26 PM

Or you have a broken PL cable. If you have a mutimeter you can easily check each pin for continuity by testing each one in turn. It can well be that the connection is broken in one or more wires. I've had that with datalink cables.

Also check the PL socket in the MCL2P for bad connection.

/  Johan

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi Johan,

thx for your tips.

I have to check the confiratiion with another device via Powerlink connection. I will try it with BM6500 on the weekend. If it still does not work I will check the cable as you suggested.

BR

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS