Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Unknown crossover network in Beolab 8000 MKII (8000883). Is a service manual with circuit diagrams for the Beolab 8000 MKII available?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

STF
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Silver Member
STF Posted: Tue, Sep 25 2018 7:35 PM

Hi,

in January I bought my first pair Beolab 8000. The serial number is 21xxxxxx so it is the MKII version with the bass update. They are placed in the corners of our living room (left and right to my Pioneer KRP 600). The bass is very good - probably because of placing in the corners. Where other loudspeakers have too much bass because of placing in the corners the Beolabs get the extra kick. I’m very surprised how detailed and clear the Beolabs play music.

Because of these experiences with my first pair of Beolab 8000 MKII I bought another pair a few weeks ago to build up a 4.1 system. The second pair has the serial number 19xxxxxx and is also the MKII version.

I want to make my Beolabs some more audiophil like Die_Bogener did it with his Beolab 2500 here:

https://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/22677/305617.aspx

So I disassembled my second pair (S/N 19xxxxxx). I was wondering that disassembling was not like described in the service manual that is available here in the forum. Disassembling is like described in the service manual from the Beolab 8002.

If you take a look at my photos you can see that the power/stand by LED is part of the heat sink and that the cone has to be disassembled too (there are two screws that fix the cone part with the tube).

The crossover network has a part number I never heard before (8000883).

Is a service manual for the Beolab 8000 MKII available where I can find the circuit diagram of the crossover network?

Best regards

Stephan

Martin
Not Ranked
Hamburg
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Tue, Dec 8 2020 9:16 AM

Hi, i´d like to join, because i have the same issue.

Is there a circuit diagram available?

Greetings!

Martin
Not Ranked
Hamburg
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Tue, Dec 8 2020 9:40 AM

Hi, could you please check value of Capacitor C140?

Martin
Not Ranked
Hamburg
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Tue, Dec 15 2020 8:59 AM

Found it. It is 2.2uF, 50V  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS