Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

To owners of a 65" or other format Beovision Harmony.

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

RS4346
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
RS4346 Posted: Mon, Dec 21 2020 1:16 PM

I hesitated for a long time whether I would ask this question here, not that I don't dare, but whether it is subjective.

My question:
How much sound do the loudspeaker wings produce when INCHANGE?
So NOT the very soft buzzing of the motor, this is normal.
Turning it off is also soft.

For me, the sound when the wings are 'INJUSTED' is very annoyingly loud. It gives a 'HARD TIK' at startup.

If I should give a number on a scale of 1 (hardly audible) to 5 (very loud and annoying) it is a 4.

Last summer I saw several Harmony's but all of them were barely audible at power up (scale 1 or 2).

I raised this with B&O but they refer me to the dealer. The dealer came by and said that he has sold several Harmony's from the showroom and that they all give a loud tap, but he also said that he is quite willing to exchange the chassis for a quiet one. Of course, that's easy for him to say. So far I haven't heard from him.

In short, how annoyingly fast it goes with the owners of a Harmony!

I would really appreciate to hear your reaction. Thank you very much.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 323
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:53 PM
RS4346:

I hesitated for a long time whether I would ask this question here, not that I don't dare, but whether it is subjective.

My question: How much sound do the loudspeaker wings produce when INCHANGE? So NOT the very soft buzzing of the motor, this is normal. Turning it off is also soft.

For me, the sound when the wings are 'INJUSTED' is very annoyingly loud. It gives a 'HARD TIK' at startup.

If I should give a number on a scale of 1 (hardly audible) to 5 (very loud and annoying) it is a 4.

Last summer I saw several Harmony's but all of them were barely audible at power up (scale 1 or 2).

I raised this with B&O but they refer me to the dealer. The dealer came by and said that he has sold several Harmony's from the showroom and that they all give a loud tap, but he also said that he is quite willing to exchange the chassis for a quiet one. Of course, that's easy for him to say. So far I haven't heard from him.

In short, how annoyingly fast it goes with the owners of a Harmony!

I would really appreciate to hear your reaction. Thank you very much.

When moving my beovision 7-55 it is almost not audible. And then there is my beolab 50 that sounds like some toy from a chinese factory.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS