Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Apple TV 4K multiroom audio delay

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

LuffeDK
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member
LuffeDK Posted: Mon, Aug 30 2021 4:02 AM

My ATV4k is connected to my Harmony via HDMI.

I would like to be able to listen to the audio in other rooms on other B&O NL-products, but I am experiencing >1000ms delay when I “touch to join” from other room.

How can I get rid of the delay?

PS. I do not have any sync issues when network link/multiroom is used for audio only. 

LuffeDK
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member
LuffeDK replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 4:54 AM

anyone ?

LuffeDK:

I would like to be able to listen to the audio in other rooms on other B&O NL-products, but I am experiencing >1000ms delay when I “touch to join” from other room.

PS. I do not have any sync issues when network link/multiroom is used for audio only. 

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 7:46 AM

I am not an expert and don't have any NL gear, but I had a quick look at the Beolink Handbook (version 1-9) and I think that your issue is covered on page 41.

Basically it states that 'it is recommended to set the Network Delay WLAN to 200ms if sound from video sources are distributed.'

I hope this helps!

(EDIT:  You used to be able to find the Beolink Handbook easily on an internet search but it has disappeared from my usual link.  I do have a downloaded copy that I could pm to you, unless someone else has a working link).

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 8:19 AM

Here's the page in case you can't find it - sorry about blur but tricky to extract from pdf, if you click on the image it should open larger and clearer!

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
LuffeDK:

I have an Eclipse 55 1. Gen, and according to B&O, sounds in other rooms from HDMI sources will have a delay over NL. Even the sound from the built in tv tuner has a delay between my living room and the kitchen over NL.

I assume the same will apply to a Harmony.

I also have a BV11, and here all sources are in perfect sync over NL.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Sep 2 2021 7:06 PM

LuffeDK:

Just pass the ATV for Audio and Airplay directly to the Harmony.

LuffeDK
Not Ranked
Posts 77
Bronze Member
LuffeDK replied on Fri, Sep 3 2021 9:29 AM

Thanks a lot for your support/help - much appreciated !!!!

I think I have found the reason. I have etabled the “enable multiroom for AirPlay” on all my B&O NL-products. I want to have this function in order to distribute airplay through NL and thereby keep sound in sync in all rooms.

However, this function introduce a significant delay but I guess there is no workaround for that. I will mute my Harmony if I want to distribute the sound to other rooms and I will hereby not notice the delay.

Guy:

Here's the page in case you can't find it - sorry about blur but tricky to extract from pdf, if you click on the image it should open larger and clearer!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS