Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay M3 connection to BeoRemote One BT

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member
crossbytje Posted: Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:35 PM

Today I received a pair of M3 speakers I bought in replacement of my dead Beolab 4s, which I connected to my pc.

In the app, there was the option of pairing them to a remote control: a BeoRemote One BT or an Essence. Since I have BR1 laying around, I tried to pair them, but it keeps failing. 

Did anyone here succeed in pairing a remote to the beoplay network speakers? Any ideas on what went wrong?

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:51 PM

Two quick thoughts:

- did you use a BR One BT?

- did you use the Bluetooth pairing-menu or the Remote pairing-menu? They are different and sometimes lead to some confusion.

Using the ip-configuration-page instead of the app might help too..

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

It's a BT BeoRemote 1 indeed, and tried both through the remote pairing in the app and on the ip interface in a browser on the computer. Sometimes, the BR1BT quickly says 'pairing failed', other times it says nothing for a longer period of time..

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Tue, Apr 14 2020 6:25 PM

I’d try a factory reset of the BR One.

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

I'm a bit reluctant to do so, as I have completely customized it to my needs. Sources, list entries, names, etc. I use it to control an openhab server with a IR eye receiver, so all sources and settings map to my specific setup (sound, lights, itunes, tv, apps, my fireplace, etc.).

I think I'll just stick with it and try again some time later. I can already control an itunes instance and choose to let it multiroom stream playlists and online radiostations to other airplay devices, so I can easily add support for the new M3s too.

I was curious however to how the B&O ecosystem works with the BR1BT.

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

Problem solved!

Turned out I paired the remote to my macbook when I bought it, and then deleted the connection from the remote afterwards, but did not tell the macbook to 'forget' the remote. So as soon as I tried to connect the remote to a new device, the mac wanted to reconnect, which didn't work..

So now I paired the BR1BT to both M3s, will check tomorrow what it can do :-).

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

The BeoRemote One BT also did some updates on itself upon pairing with the M3!

CheapB
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Bronze Member
CheapB replied on Tue, Mar 23 2021 12:28 PM

Are you able to use MyButtons with the M3? I cant see any mention of a remote in the user guide

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member
crossbytje replied on Tue, Mar 23 2021 12:59 PM

Yes, you can assign certain sources to the buttons.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS