Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BBC Radio 4 no longer available on Tune-In?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

take10
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
take10 Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2021 9:33 AM
Being a creature of habit, I only listen to BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 6; both the best of the breed in my opinion.

I have the two set up as favourites on the excellent Halo, but it now won’t settle on Radio 4. Disaster!

Looking on line, it seems BBC no longer support Tune-In, but Radio 6 is still working;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/recent-changes-to-bbc-sounds/tunein-changes

Any ideas? Have tried the usual switch off and on and have logged out and into Tune In (free version).

Cheers!
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:15 PM
The weird thing is that other BBC radio stations seem to be working- at least on my A9 and BS2

Who the hell knows what is going on these days!!!
take10
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
take10 replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:29 PM
Not being able to pick up Radio 4 is allegedly the signal for the British Navy to launch a nuclear attack.

They can’t mess around with these things!
Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
Posts 869
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:46 PM

There was chatter on the BS Level threads that this was one of the reasons why B&O seems to be migrating away from TuneIn to their own B&O radio (the old N.Radio).  I ran into a similar problem with a US station that moved from TuneIn to Radio.com.  Anyway, forum user "laseralex" helped me configure my TuneIn app to use an internet stream for the station rather than TuneIn.  If the station is "broadcasting" on the internet (most are now days), one can configure the TuneIn app (not B&O app) with its URL (go to favorites, then there's a "custom URL" option) and then this becomes available to TuneIn and your B&O device(s).  I'm not an expert on finding the URL, but if you search the web, you can probably find it. 

The other thing I found was the station was also available via Google Voice Assistant - I says "play <station>", and it says "playing <station> on Radio.com".  Your mileage may vary on the GVA part.  Radio.com is an "in house" website created by the owner of a large number of stations in the US so it's not surprising that GVA supports it "natively".

take10
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
take10 replied on Mon, Mar 22 2021 8:48 PM
Very helpful Stan, thanks.

You may have staved off armageddon, the World owes you a drink.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS