Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Why won’t B&O have more services on their devices?

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
seethroughyou Posted: Mon, May 24 2021 6:56 PM
It’s a bit frustrating that my Moment and Core only have Deezer and Spotify.

Should I decide to try/sign up to a new service, I simply can’t without going down the Airplay route. Why won’t B&O sign on and load more services onto their devices like other manufacturers?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, May 24 2021 7:35 PM
seethroughyou:

Should I decide to try/sign up to a new service, I simply can’t without going down the Airplay route. Why won’t B&O sign on and load more services onto their devices like other manufacturers?

From what I’ve been told, some of the other streaming services have been knocking on B&Os door asking the same question

Where those conversations end up is anyone’s guess
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

From what I’ve been told, some of the other streaming services have been knocking on B&Os door asking the same question

Probably the same place where all our suggestions, observations, feedback and years of direct user experience end up - a Danish bin.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

seethroughyou:
Sandyb:

Probably the same place where all our suggestions, observations, feedback and years of direct user experience end up - a Danish bin.

Honestly - what keeps you interested in what B&O has to offer?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

Honestly - what keeps you interested in what B&O has to offer?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

The response I’d expected from you.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

seethroughyou:

The response I’d expected from you.

Yes indeed, response n the sense of a reaction.

However my post was meant as a question?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, May 25 2021 12:36 AM

You can, I guess get a third party streamer and feed it into you B&O stuff as an input / source.

Thats what I do, with a Linn streamer (and DAC) and Roon.

I use Roon as my interface for music / radio, and only use Airplay for my podcast listening to various B&O speaker setups.

For me, the music interface on both the Moment and B&O app are both pretty limited / sub standard - so moving away from B&O to rely on my music experience, speakers aside, has not been difficult.

From B&O's point of view (what I have been told numerous times), their view is that customers can use any service, just via Airplay / CC, and that they see no issue in that.

seethroughyou:

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS