Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 3000-5231: Looking for assistance

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Joe Kinase
Not Ranked
Eastern US
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Joe Kinase Posted: Sun, Nov 14 2021 10:25 PM

Hi All,

I've gone through a Beogram 3000-5231 (same as Beogram 1202), and have a final issue. The Turntable goes through normal functions when it's upside down on my bench, however, when upright in operating mode, there is no activity after pressing the LIFT key, although the motor is running.

I've observed that when the LIFT button is pressed and the TT is in an upright position, the cam-lifting wheel E is not engaged by the gear wheel D located on the turntable shaft. I can see the transparent tooth on C emerge due to the action of the solenoid arm A, but there is a 1-2 mm gap between it and gear wheel D. When I turn the cam wheel slightly with my finger, the mechanism goes through a normal cycle. It looks like that gear-cam distance or orientation is off just slightly.

The cam wheel does have a certain amount of radial play. I checked the needle bearing on the TT shaft, etc., and see very little play. The gear wheel looks okay, no wear noticeable. Is there a way to adjust any of this to get them closer together, a worn out part that needs to be replace, or am I missing something?

Much appreciate any help! I'd love to get this TT running.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS