Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BL5 / Beolab 5 Chassis Availability

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

adrianb
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
adrianb Posted: Thu, Nov 25 2021 1:41 AM

Hello all

I have a pair of BL5 that have sounded great for many years. One experienced a problem of making crackling noises even when not connected to any source. A replacement of the chassis was performed and it has been flawless since.

Now the other speaker is making the same noises. My local B&O authorised repairer however has said that chassis availability is now taking a very long time to be delivered. He has several customers who have been waiting three months so far and still no chassis from B&O.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Is it just an Australian problem?

Hope to hear from you :)

Kind regards

Adrian 

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 179
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Thu, Nov 25 2021 8:37 AM

As I understand it there is a difference in availability based on what version of Beolab 5 you have. Mk1 should be running low, while mk2 should still be fine for availability. But maybe that has changed?
Do your Beolab 5 have a pincode? If not they are mk1.

Beovision Eclipse gen2 (GX) w/ floorstand, Beolab 14.2, 4 speaker Shape and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A9mk4 GVA, Beosound 1 GVA, H2, H3, H8, E6, Beoplay EQ

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 2,278
Bronze Member
Hi there

I cannot remember so maybe someone can remind us but there was a highly recommended service / repair place for the lab 5.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS