Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4000 - Repairman France

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Chaoling
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Chaoling Posted: Sat, Jan 22 2022 12:34 PM

Hi Beoworld.

I purchased, a bit hastily, a Beogram 4000 at an auction. 
It’s in good aestetic condition but there is probably more repair work on it that I would have hoped for.

The belt drive motor runs at 33 and 45 rpm.

All external lights seems to be working (Stroboscope, pick up arm, dial, 33 and 45 rpm adjustment screw).

However, when pressing « ON » the servo motor is not working and has a 0 voltage.

When the servo motor returns the pick up arm at the right hand position (11.2V measured), it’s making a hissing noise even when the pulley belt is removed. Also, the red dial pointer forward bottom clamps are damaged’

I believe it may be an older model than most of the ones I’ve seen on forums pictures as the belt drive motor is fitted with two external belt guides and the turntable serial number is 63409.

Long story short, I’m not confident I have all the necessary skills needed to make a decent job bringing it back to life. I’ve seen what some of the members have done on theirs and it’s pretty impressive.

Does anyone know a trustworthy repairman in France or nearby who could handle this kind of refit?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS