Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 5000 disables datalink on Beomaster 5500 system

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s Posted: Sat, May 16 2015 1:20 AM

I've used my Beomaster 5500 system many times to test 5000 series cassettes and turntables.

Today I connected a Beocord 5000 and it disabled the wired datalink between the 5500 units. I had no control over the Beocord via remote and, for instance, pressing play on the CD5500 didn't switch the Beomaster to CD. There was also no audio from the cassette.

Most serial data systems I know will ignore a connected box with a fault and the rest of the system continue to behave. 

Any history of this issue / areas to investigate?

The Beocord had been roughly handled by someone who investigated a bad drawer belt - the front of the main PCB was broken in the usual place. I've fixed that already and got the transport and drawer behaving, so just audio checks to do, so I thought.....

Thanks!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Sat, May 16 2015 7:43 AM

I suppose the Beocord is keeping the data line pulled down for whatever reason. Check for a short circuit, a failed transistor or hopefully not a fried I/O port pin on the microprocessor.

edit: apparently there is only a series resistor and some protection diodes hetkeen the cable and the uP, so the problem shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint. Hopefully it's just a shorted diode or wiring problem.

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS