Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4004 pulley question

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Robert Shepard
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Robert Shepard Posted: Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:33 AM

Hi, I just purchased a Beogram 4004 on CL that is not working. It's probably going to need lots of TLC but there's one issue that needs to be fixed first. The white plastic pulley on the drive motor does not lock mechanically onto the motor. It just spins freely on the motor shaft. This is the later model with the small pulley.

Is there a clip or other part missing that locked the pulley onto the motor? Or was an adhesive used and that has just let go after so many years?

If it is a failed adhesive then I need a picture of where the pulley sits on the motor. Right now it will go all the way down and rub on the motor plate. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This deck seems really well built, I'd love to get it working again.
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 25 2014 6:56 AM

The pulley was originally glued to the motor shaft.
You will have to glue it back on using f.e. Araldite or similar strong glue.
Remember to wipe the motor shaft with IPA or acetone to remove grease etc. before glueing.

Martin

Robert Shepard
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Martin, thanks so much for your answer.  That's a relief to know that there aren't any missing parts.  I'll have some time to work on the TT next week and will post my results.  Best regards, Rob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS