Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 1700 - arm not lowering enough

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s Posted: Sun, Mar 9 2014 11:55 PM

I'm tuning up a Beogram 1700 that is in very good condition except that when the arm is lowered, the arm rest is just in contact with the arm when it has lowered,  resulting in skipping / skating. I have the pdf manual (which includes a range of turntables and doesn't have specific adjustment / disassembly for the 1700) and have adjusted the arm over record height to 5mm with the arm in the raised position. There appears to be no adjustment for the arm / arm rest when in the lowered position.

Any advice would be appreciated

Ricardo
Top 200 Contributor
Moonbase 5
Posts 418
Bronze Member
Ricardo replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:12 AM

Do you have this ? and have you double checked the counterweight to make sure proper stylus pressure is being applied. Too light and it will skip and skate.

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:31 AM

Ricardo,

Thank you.

I checked the stylus pressure the old fashioned way, with a BIB manual scale that I bought in 1972 - I don't trust markings.

Those diagrams are not in the version of the manual that I have. I suspect it is the very last adjustment that I need. 

I'll confirm when I've checked it out

Dave

dave_n_s
Not Ranked
Posts 54
Bronze Member
dave_n_s replied on Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:31 AM

Ricardo,

Thank you.

I checked the stylus pressure the old fashioned way, with a BIB manual scale that I bought in 1972 - I don't trust markings.

Those diagrams are not in the version of the manual that I have. I suspect it is the very last adjustment that I need. 

I'll confirm when I've checked it out

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS