Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beomaster 611RG vs. 900RG

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas Posted: Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:02 AM

Dear all,

lately I've become very interested in aquiring a Beomaster De Luxe, initally I had set my mind on a Beomaster 900 RG, recently I came across a Beomaster 611 RG. The 611 has a Beomaster 900 and a Beogram. Becasue I'm a total newbie, I seek your advice on the following;

- What is the difference between the Beomaster 900 RG and the 611 RG

- is the case valued similarly or is it the Beomaster 611 RG the Beomaster you actually do not want (the Porsche 996 under the B&O equipment, sorry I'm a car guy ;-))

I hope this makes sence, and hope you connoisseurs can guide me in this new world for me ;-)

Dave

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 10:26 AM

In terms of the record player the 611RG usually came with a B&O 42VF rather than the BG1000 put in the later 900RGs. However, some of these were also Garrard changers instead.

I would say that the 611RGs are rarer than a 900RG, at least here in the UK I see a few 900RGs a year for sale whereas I don't think I have ever seen a 611RG. It may be different on the continent however and I'm sure someone with more knowledge can help here!

Ben

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

I never heard about Beomaster 611RG. I know the model with name Grand Prix 611RG. If you meant this 611RG, the difference between it and Beomaster 900RG is quite big. The 611RG had built in big tube stereo receiver (also known as Grand Prix 611 Moderne), TV set and turntable Beogram 42VF (or 610/611) as Ben said.

Beomaster 900RG came latter and was also present in two versions: Beomaster 900RG Compact or Beomaster 900RG De Luxe. Both were without TV set and with built in transistor receiver Beomaster 900 and Beogram 1000. My favourite is a Beomaster 900RG Compact becouse of its nice slight design and of course beautiful brasilian rosewood (there were a teakwood version too).

If you have a picture of this "Beomaster 611RG" I would be very happy to see it. It could be something very rare I didn't see here jet.

And here the pictures of 3 Versions I mentioned:

Grand Prix 611RG

Beomaster 900RG De Luxe

Beomaster 900RG Compact

Regards, Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 2:59 PM

Hi Theomast!

tnx for your reply and your explination, much appreciated!

Below picture of the unit, Looking forward in finding iut what you guys think!

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 3:31 PM

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sat, Jul 4 2015 3:33 PM

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sun, Jul 5 2015 12:37 PM

I guess seller might be wrong.....

Any thoughts anyone?

beaker
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 761
Bronze Member
beaker replied on Sun, Jul 5 2015 12:55 PM
I've got a 900 compact which is available for sale if you are in the SE of the UK.
djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sun, Jul 5 2015 3:54 PM

Tnx Beaker, but I'm based on the other side of the channel (NL)

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi again,

I made a little "B&O-1960's-research" at the weekend and maybe the seller didn't make mistake with the name of his RG ("Beomaster 611RG").

If you look here:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/14503/127005.aspx#127005

you can see that we already had short discussion about very similar (I would say same) model here.

First presumption was that the turntable in this specimen was not the original one and it was built in latter. But now we have the second one with the same "configuration" of the turntable on the left side. Maybe there was a version called Beomaster 611RG between Grand Prix 611RG and Beomaster 900RG. It must be made in limited series and would be very rare one.

Unfortunately the guy who started the thread I am posting here didn't answer and we haven't got the information from him.

Maybe your seller could provide you a picture from the back side with the label (if it is still present)...

In this case you could acquire very rare version of RG. Technically there are no important differences between the early version of the Beomaster 900 (to bee seen on your pictures, with grey front) and the latter one with the black front. I think only the transistor types were updated and eventually the stereo decoder is not present (it was an extra option). The 42VF (or the Beogram 609/610 version) are very stable and good sounding TT's if serviced and the BG1000 must not have bee the big step.

The rest is a optics. You have to know which model you prefer and try to find really good one.

Waiting for the news about this rare beast  ...Whistle

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Jeff
Not Ranked
Nijmegen
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jul 6 2015 5:01 PM
Hi everybody! I am the seller of this beautiful piece and I can assure you that no mistakes have been made... This is a very rare piece indeed and it comes with the original purchase note from the B&O dealer in Rotterdam, the Netherlands... It is 100% original and I sell it with a spare pickup (fully working) as a back up for spare parts. The woodwork is very nice, no chips or scratches... If you do some thorough research on the web you will come across some 60's brochures showing this piece. Now that it appears that it's so exclusive that even on this forum nobody knows it, I might change my mind an not sell it? Unsure
Beoradio
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 102
Bronze Member

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you when only a few pieces are left.

But in this case, I don't think that these sets can be called " very rare", especially in the Netherlands where quit a lot of these have been sold.

Don't forget, that after Denmark, the Netherlands was the biggest market, in numbers,  for B&O.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting set, considering it comes with all the original papers.

Rudy

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi Jeff,

nice to meat you and to get the information direct from the owner of this set.

Could you post a picture of the label from the back side of this nice piece of B&O history, please?

Of course only if it is stil present.

And would you tell us what is the price you will get fot it?

No, I am not interested because I own one RG (Beovision 2000 RG) and unfortunately I do not have a place for second one.  But it would be interested to hear what is the price.

Thanks in advance.

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Beoradio:

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you when only a few pieces are left.

But in this case, I don't think that these sets can be called " very rare", especially in the Netherlands where quit a lot of these have been sold.

Don't forget, that after Denmark, the Netherlands was the biggest market, in numbers,  for B&O.

Nevertheless, it's an interesting set, considering it comes with all the original papers.

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

you are probably right, this set is not rare as for example the Hyperbo or Beolit 39/40 but I think it is still interesting set. Not even Martin recognized it in the thread I posted. And there is no lot of B&O stuff which he can not say what it is Wink

Best regards to Belgium

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Jeff
Not Ranked
Nijmegen
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:33 PM
Hi guys, as said, the set comes with the original receipt dated 14th of November 1964 and issued by B&O van der Horst in Rotterdam. The first owner paid 1520 guilders (almost € 700) which was a true fortune in the mid sixties...

Jeff
Not Ranked
Nijmegen
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 9:33 AM
Here you go!

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Hi JEff,

thanks for the picture. Finally we have a proof about existence of Beomaster RG Type 611 Yes - thumbs up

And I found your add on the Holland website so I know about your price too. Realistic I would say...

Best regards,

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:23 PM

We never had many of these combined sets in Denmark, 900RG, 1200RG and this one.
I don't recall seeing one outside of collections.

Martin

Jeff
Not Ranked
Nijmegen
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:14 PM
I know you guys like pictures...

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:19 PM

Funny, that it doesn't have the dual volume knobs (to compensate for the unreachable balance control on the rear of the radio chassis).
Does it say Beomaster 900 on the dial glass ?

Martin

Jeff
Not Ranked
Nijmegen
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:37 PM
Yes it does:

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Jul 7 2015 2:14 PM

:-)

Thanks,

Martin

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sat, Jul 11 2015 10:28 AM

Hi Guy's,

Yesterday I paid a visit to Jeff, and picked up this fantastic piece of kit. It is a fantastic piece I can tell you that much. Jeff is a really nice guy and gave me a small demo of the piece in action, and it sounds great.

Nevertheless, it will need some little TLC, just on the Beomaster, the balance between the speakers is off and while you adjust the volume every now and then cracks and loud 'grrrgrgrgrgrgrgrg' noices can be heard.

From you experience can such 'repair' be done by someone without much audio experience (I do have experince with other electronics) ?

djvanas
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Silver Member
djvanas replied on Sat, Jul 11 2015 10:28 AM

Hi Guy's,

Yesterday I paid a visit to Jeff, and picked up this fantastic piece of kit. It is a fantastic piece I can tell you that much. Jeff is a really nice guy and gave me a small demo of the piece in action, and it sounds great.

Nevertheless, it will need some little TLC, just on the Beomaster, the balance between the speakers is off and while you adjust the volume every now and then cracks and loud 'grrrgrgrgrgrgrgrg' noices can be heard.

From you experience can such 'repair' be done by someone without much audio experience (I do have experince with other electronics) ?

Page 1 of 1 (24 items) | RSS