Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound Century 2000 door won't open automatically

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

galechicago
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
galechicago Posted: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:39 PM

I bought a BeoSound 2000 in 1994. (Also known as Century 2000). The door is supposed to open automatically when you wave your hand in front of it. I have rarely gotten this to work, but it will open every time THE CAT walks past it! The way I open the door is to give it a little push from the right-hand edge, then it continues to open by itself. The door closes by itself after the CD begins to play, as it should. The system works flawlessly otherwise.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the glass door to open by waving my hand in front of it? I've tried slow, fast, close, far away. The cat seems to get the hang of it, but the proper technique eludes me.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:55 AM

Welcome to Beoworld.

Just carry the cat with you when you want to use it!

According to the service manual (available to Silver and Gold members), the IR detection system does deteriorate with age as light sensitivity diminishes..

One possibility is that on PCB2 the IR transmitter diodes OD1 and OD2 are weak or shorted.  The transparent diodes were replaced with blue diodes (part 8330372) from serial number 11197757 and this is one solution.  NB. the cathode on the blue diode is opposite to that on the transparent one!

I have a similar problem with mine.  Cleaning the glass door sometimes helps as does blowing dust off the IR sensor (just below the CD mechanism), I have to be really close to make it open.

Good luck,

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS