Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Any recommendations on what speakers would suit a beogram 5005?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

swarf
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
swarf Posted: Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:02 AM

Hi

Ive recently picked up a Beogram 5005 and a Beomaster 5000 amp, they are both in great working order and don't seem to have had much use. I haven't had an opportunity to hear how good they sound. Im currently using a Project Debut 3 and a Marantz PM7000 with Heybrook HB4 speakers. Im wondering if its worth investing in the correct speakers for the B&O system, would it sound better than what I've got set up already? It would certainly look nicer :)

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:14 AM

Welcome!Smile

Try your Heybrooks first! But make sure the receiver does work with any "suicide" speaker...

Jacques

swarf
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
swarf replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:51 AM

Hi Chartz

Thanks for your reply, I did try plug them in before but found the amp would automatically turn the sound down. Figured this was some sort of safety mechanism or something. Maybe the cables i was using were too thick or the speakers too large. Not sure, I'm new to all this so fairly clueless

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 1:59 PM

Then the amp is faulty, absolutely not in working order! It has nothing to do with cables or speakers.

Jacques

swarf
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
swarf replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 3:02 PM

Ah thats scuttled that little adventure then, ill try it with some other speakers and see if it happens again before completely ditching the idea. Thanks for your knowledge though :)

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 3:50 PM

Check the speakers wires ? a short in one of the plugs?

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS