Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV7-40 mk3 damaged HDMI socket / service manual

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx Posted: Sun, Mar 23 2014 6:04 PM

Firstly, does anyone have a copy of the service manual for the BV7-40mk3 (type 9379) as only mk2 and mk4 seem to be on the site?

Secondly, it looks likely the HDMI 'D' socket on mine may be damaged as it is no longer working properly - at worst I'm getting no picture or sound, at best I'm briefly getting a green picture and no sound when my freesat box initially boots. I've done basic testing - two different boxes and two different cables works fine on all three of the other HDMI inputs but not port 'D'.

It's difficult to properly inspect the HDMI socket whilst the TV is wall mounted and I don't have anyone around to help me lift it off right now - it's definitely not a one man job and I'm sure my other half would been keen to state it's not a one man and one woman job either Wink

I can't remember whether the HDMI ports are soldered direct to one of the main PCBs or whether they have their own PCB - does anyone know?

Cheers,

Martin.

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 938
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 12:10 AM

Hmm, forget the HDMI issue - I reset the TV to factory defaults and configured everything again and now HDMI D is working! Confused I can only assume there was some HDCP handshake issue or configuration corruption that left the TV in a strange state.

I'd still be interested in a copy of the mk3 service manual though if anyone has a copy they could provide or upload to beoworld.

Kind Regards,

Martin.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS