Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Reduced output from Beogram 6500

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

cmsammy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Bronze Member
cmsammy Posted: Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:36 PM

I have recently had my MMC3 rebuilt by Axel with the Shibata diamond and aluminium cantilever, sounds brilliant but I'll swear the output has dropped. I can't be 100% sure that it has dropped because of the rebuild but I definitely have to turn it up a lot more than I used to.

Anyone heard of a similar issue, just wondering if something in the RIAA amp is getting past it.

I guess the other option is my ears are getting past it !!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Pull off the cartridge and clean connections with Deoxit, make sure the cartridge is inserted all the way. Check caps on RIAA

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Forgot: Check tracking weight/ force first of all.

cmsammy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Bronze Member
cmsammy replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:38 AM

I did all the cartridge stuff when I got it back from Axel, I think I was half expecting the caps to be the problem but needed someone to suggest it for confirmation.

Hopefully, Martin can supply me a set like he did for my CD 6500, trying to track down the right caps is a nightmare, last time I tried I just gave up.

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

If the output drop coincided with the cartridge rebuild I'd say it was the cartridge.   If you were here in the states I'd say mail it to me and I'd test the output on my BG6500 vs. my MMC2 (assuming that would be an apples-to-apples comparison).

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

MediaBobNY:

If the output drop coincided with the cartridge rebuild I'd say it was the cartridge.   If you were here in the states I'd say mail it to me and I'd test the output on my BG6500 vs. my MMC2 (assuming that would be an apples-to-apples comparison).

Agree with Bob on this, I have here an original MMC4, SMMC4, and MMC2 and MMC4s repaired from Axel, there are no differences in the output. BGs TX2, 2404, 5000

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS