Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

New BV7-40

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

villarsch
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Founder
villarsch Posted: Sun, May 6 2012 12:59 PM

Last January i.e.in the old forum, I asked what, if any, possible TV improvements could be arriving in the future, as I was considering buying a new 7-40    There very many very helpful replies, and I would like to thank all those who gave their opinions.  My original question was based on my assumption that my existing BV7-40 was a Mk II.  Apparently it is a  Mk I, so a low trade-in was anticipated.

So,when we visited our local B&O dealer the latest screen showed just how much we had been missing.  Our bench-mark is a dvd of Amadeus, which features opening scenes which take place at night.  On the latest screen the additional visual detail was quite amazing, and a deal was immediately struck.  In addition, my wife heard the dvd through a set of BL 8002, and was so delighted by the quality of the sound (when compared with our BL6000) that I was persuaded to include these in the package! 

All that is required noe is a little patience, but I do have one question.

I want to replace the original HDMI cable with a new, high quality one.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to which is a good replacement?

Many thanks again.

Villarsch 

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 624
Founder
frog replied on Sun, May 6 2012 1:30 PM

Don't bother if the cable length is under 10m. The cable is a digital cable with forward error correction. Expensive cables are a scam.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, May 6 2012 1:53 PM

Hi Villarsch,

I've always been incredibly impressed with QED.  Funnily enough, my B&O dealer at the time (York) sold me QED leads when i bought a BV6 in 2005.

Excellent quality leads and not too expensive either.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

frog:

Don't bother if the cable length is under 10m. The cable is a digital cable with forward error correction. Expensive cables are a scam.

I have 3 variants:

- Belkin, my original purchase

- an emergency purchase, I can't remember the brand, but the cable looks fancy (has an outside braid)

- Apple x 2

I can not tell the difference visually or aurally between these cables

My preference is to buy the Apple since they are (a) inexpensive compare to the others, and (b) the thinest and therefore the easiest for threading through tight places and creating the least amount of clutter when they are coiled up

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS