Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Customising PUC Control

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler Posted: Thu, Jun 28 2012 11:23 AM

Hello all,

I have a V1-40 Controlling a Humax Foxsat-HDR via the IR blaster using the closest available factory setting.

It works pretty well but one of the most useful functions (pause/play) doesn't appear to be mapped, and I'd also like to make a few improvements if possible.

What I'm asking is, is it possible to amend/create new XML mapping files and if so, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Jonathan

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
Posts 2,920
Bronze Member
stefan replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 2:41 PM

Sounds like an incompatibility of your TV and the Humax PUC.

Newer BVs - controlled with Beo4 1710 (navigation) - must have the newer PUC files (version 2.xx).

The V1 must be controlled via the new Beo4. If you do so, and the PUC is a vers. 1.xx file, it won`t understand the select, left-right- up-down commands.

And I`m pretty sure, that the pause/play functions exist. Did you try double commands like PLAY - PLAY and STOP - STOP ?

Sorry, I don`t have a Humax, so I can`t say anything about the mapping.

And to answer your question: No, it`s not possible to modify the mapping....

Stefan

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,345
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 4:16 PM
B and O can make modifications. They have created customized pucs for me.

Beolab 28s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

jkhamler
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 286
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 4:49 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I didn't realise there were 'double-click' commands. I will experiment some more and failing that, speak to the dealer. It's not the end of the world, I've always got the other remote but I'd rather not use it!

Cheers, Jonathan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS