Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Speaker Compatibility - Beomaster & Beosystem

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Halitara
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Halitara Posted: Tue, May 3 2016 1:50 AM

I have a 1986 Beomaster 3300 setup but I'm missing speakers. Is there any way my Beosystem 2500 speakers from 1991 can be integrated? The cables look like they won't work with the older system. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

Your Beomaster 3300 is unfortunately not compatible with the slightly newer Powerlink standard that your speakers are using.

Basically, the Powerlink connection carries line-level (unamplified) audio and control signals for turning on/off - this was implemented in the later versions of your receiver; Beomaster 3500 and 4500. You can use some adapter cables and use the headphone output, even though the sound quality will be diminished as this signal is attenuated from the power amplifier output in these models.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

fairyliar
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

Beovox RL models are good ones for this ampli (I hade RL 45 and they were fine).

Or if you want to have them on a wall, try beovox 3500 (I got those in my personal set, excellent sound) or beovox 5000 which are a bit more expensive

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS