Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV14 funny edging

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
Chris Hassell Posted: Fri, Jun 2 2017 11:10 PM
Hi all, my BV14 has a weird affect around objects as they move on a scene. Especially obvious when a character is moving across static background.

It doesn't seem to happen when on 'game' mode but does in 'movie' mode.

Any advice?

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Martin
Not Ranked
Sweden, Skövde
Posts 59
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Sat, Jun 3 2017 12:23 AM

Turn off all effects on picture processing.

Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Sat, Jun 3 2017 6:39 AM

On my BV11 I have similar funny edging. Could you tell me what setting I have to change? I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards,

Roy

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
this haloing is still an issue for the android tv's. has improved already but not all gone till this moment. Hopefully it will in short time

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
It's pretty awful on mine! I've tried turning off noise reduction and judder stuff. Doesn't seem to do anything.

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Fansastic:
this haloing is still an issue for the android tv's. has improved already but not all gone till this moment. Hopefully it will in short time

This has nothing to do with Android. I've been ranting at B&O about this issue for years. It was clearly evident on the Avant MK1(non Android) of which I replaced three of them. It was one of my biggest disappointments with the B&O brand considering other manufacturers have been able to overcome this.  I have the Avant NG now and the issue is still there - it is exactly the same issue albeit maybe slightly improved.  The issue is with B&O's own picture processing. The issue is connected to the picture modes - using ADAPTIVE and MOVIE it is there.  The only way to remove the issue is to turn off B&O's processing by using GAME or MONITOR mode.  With these modes the colour and contrast aren't quite as rich but the movement is smooth.  It is a compromise unfortunately.  Disabling the other features like Judder help with general picture quality but has no affect on this issue  

The response I've always gotten from B&O about this was that they haven't received enough complaints about it and a large percentage of customers who buy B&O TVs don't even notice the issue.  

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
I didn't have it with my BV11 though.

It's REALLY bad and distracting on my BV14.

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Chris Hassell:
I didn't have it with my BV11 though.

It's REALLY bad and distracting on my BV14.

Exactly. This particular picture processing issue began with the introduction of the Avant MK1. No doubt it has something to do with the processing needed for the 4K panels, which is why you don't have it on your BV11.  They now employ this same processing on the Avant MK1, Avant NG, BV 14 and I'm presuming The Horizon too.  Again most people don't seem to notice it or don't care but it's one of those things that once you see it, you keep noticeing it.  

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 123
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Sun, Jun 4 2017 9:47 PM

It has step by step been improved since the start of the platform and I must say it is not as annoying as it was before. But you are right. It still is not perfect.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS