Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beogram 9500 to mk1 bv7-32

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur Posted: Mon, Oct 17 2016 12:31 PM

hi all ill start by giving a breakdown of what i would like to be set up, if poss at all.

i had my beocentre 2300 go Kaput on me sold on ebay spares or repair, still have glass doors for sale tho, anyhow i would like to know if i can connect my beogram 9500 turntable to my BV7 via without having a main source IE a beocentre or alike. hope this makes sense, i really dont want to start  plugging stuff in just incase i short it all out etc.

okay kit includes:

BV7-32 MK1

AVANT DVD 32

BEOGRAM 9500 TURNTABLE

BEOLAB 8000'S

BEOLINK CONVERTER TYPE 1611 WITH APPROPRIATE CABLES FOR MASTERLINK AUDIO AUX LINK CABLE/POWER LINK.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 1:20 PM

Beogram 9300?

Martin

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 1:24 PM

aah face palm! sorry its the beogram 9500.

jason 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Jason,

I think the reason Martin asked about the Beogram 9300 was that if you were using the Beogram directly with the Beocenter or the Beovision, then Beogram 9500 would need an external pre-amplifier to boost the signal, whereas the later Beogram 9300 could be connected via a simple cable.

This pre-amp connects a Beogram 9500 to the Beovision 7 AV4 inputs: http://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/12-pre-amp-bundle-for-bo-beogram-and-all-turntables.html#/output-twin_rca_phono_plugs/power_supply-uk

The newer Beogram 9300 has a built in pre-amp, so only this cable is needed to use with with the AV4 sockets on the Beovision 7: http://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/14--7fdin-2rca-.html

The Camcorder inputs on the TV (behind the small hinged flap on the side) can also be used, but you won't be able to play the Beogram into other rooms via Masterlink.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Please check out my YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/soundsheavenlycables

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:37 PM

hi,

thank you, the beogram 9500 has a built in amp and it was connected to a splitter cable which dutiffully went off to the beolink converter box etc. so i take it the cable your link depicted is for the camcorder connections and the correct one for this?

sorry but its gotten all to modern all to quick for me here!

jason 

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:37 PM

hi,

thank you, the beogram 9500 has a built in amp and it was connected to a splitter cable which dutiffully went off to the beolink converter box etc. so i take it the cable your link depicted is for the camcorder connections and the correct one for this?

sorry but its gotten all to modern all to quick for me here!

jason 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the update, yes this cable will plug your Beogram into the Camcorder sockets on the Beovision 7-40:-

http://soundsheavenly.com/beogram-record-players/14--7fdin-2rca-.html

Please note that the Beovision cannot control the Beogram remotely.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:45 PM

Actually, I asked because I never saw or heard of a Beogram 9300.
If one had turned up, I would have asked for more info.Smile

Martin

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Good point Martin!

I was reading my notes that said BeoCENTER 9500 had a pre-amp, while BeoCENTER 9300 didn't - on further checking I see that there wasn't a matching BeoGRAM 9300 made for the BC9300...... Whistle

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:19 PM

hi,

thanks and sorry for the confusion, thats great i dont mind at all doing it manually just as long as i can play my vinyl through the beolabs via some beo source.

looks like ill be buying said cable from you, thank you so kindly!

jason 

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:21 PM

Hi many apols for the confusion it has/ being a long hard day today! typos everywhere!

cheers

jason 

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

I never heard so much bollocks on Beoworld in a long time!

The site has gone a long way down the hill since I stopped contributing.

Unless some good soul has fitted one, the Beogram 9500 never had a RIAA preamp. The preamp was in the Beocenter 9500.

The Beogram 9300 does not exist, by the time the Beocenter 9300 was launched, B&O had decided that vinyl was a thing of the past and only weirdos would want to connect a Beogram to it!

If you want to connect a standard Beogram 9500 to a BV7-32, you will need a stand alone RIAA preamp between the two and some suitable cables, all of which can be supplied by Steve at Sounds Heavenly.

Regards

Graham

Regards Graham

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 4:07 PM

hi,

my beogram 9500 turntable has two leads emerging out the back, one is a seven pin connector and the other is a power lead, all of which were connected to a beolink converter which was master linked to the avant and now defunt beocentre 2300 was the master. all played brilliantly. 

i had stated further up the post that i had made typos in the post. bollocks or not i just needed some clarification, have a re-read of all the posts.

jason 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,165
Gold Member

Hi Graham,

The reference to Beogram 9300 was my typo, as mentioned previously and corrected by Martin already.

I've seen several retro-fit internal pre-amps added to Beograms like the 9500, these generally work very well (if I recall correctly, B&O offered their own internal pre-amp module for a number of Beogram models).  As Jason has mentioned, his Beogram 9500 has already been used successfully with his Beocenter 2300, hence the pre-amp will be fitted and working.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

jahur
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
jahur replied on Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:29 PM

hi,

i purchased this Beogram 9500 with the already built in pre-amp from and fitted courtesy of the now defunct Bang and Olufsen of Milton Keynes way back in the early 90's, faultless! totally, the only gripe i had of late was the turn table would speed up very slightly to actual speed, i put this niggle down to the Beogram 9500 not being used regularly.  Niggle cleared up probably under protest from having The Smiths played endlessly amongst other music of course. now i can use it again from your advise im a very happy fella indeed!

thanks

Jason  

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS