Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Best surround sound solution? Need urgent guidance!

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

oim1212
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
oim1212 Posted: Sun, Sep 12 2021 2:41 AM
Hello everyone! I have a dilemma I would like to share and get you guys thoughts on. I would like to have a cinema 5.1 or 5,2 setup but with my B&O speakers. I do not have a BEOVISON but I have a Samsung 8k Tv that i bought, it is great. But I have until today to decide whether to keep it or return it. What is the best solution in your opinion?

Here are the speakers I am going to use: beolab 8000 as front L&R, beolab 3 rears, 2 beolab 2 subs. Maybe beolab 4000 center (or BEOVISON)

Here are the options

1.keep the 8k and try to find a surround processor, maybe an almondo if they are any good. Or something else

2. Buy a used BEOVISON avant 55 to easy manage and use my other B&O equipment. (Don’t know about reliability of these TVs) please tell me!

3. Just stay with 2.1 audio :( I’m also open for other BEOVISONs, but in the same price class as the BEOVISON avant.

Optimal would be a avant with the Samsung panel Big Smile anyways I know the avant lacks hdr and the software is getting old quickly. But they are so beautiful! How is the almando surround box? The Samsung tv is great with all the latest features that the avant lacks (airplay2 for multi room with my other B&O, HDR, apps) . Thanks for reading all this and hope you have a wonderful day!
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 9:35 AM
Hi there,

Adding a Beovision to the mix will open up your total B&O experience! The sound processing is so good and you can tune all settings to perfection.

The Avant 55” mk1 vs mk2 will give you Android OS (not upgradable) in the latter, not to be advised. The mk1 had B&O last TV OS in it and is stable to today. The smart TV functions on board can be ignored, complete out of date. Adding an Apple TV 4K will bring you up to date and is even on modern TV’s the best way to go.

Only problem with the Avant 55” is overheating from the tv board. Get one with guarantee or which has already an replaced board.

Adding an Amanda decoder will give you surround sound, I have no experience with it.

Adding an Beovision is always expensive but it is just GREAT! The modern combination with LG are the best, picture wise and technology wise. The versions with Android are good but nit great and the Android OS will give you an headache (most problems are solved but you need rebooting it once a month or so). Android based are: BV 14 / Avant mk2 / Horizon.

Latest B&O OS are BV 11 / 12 (with beosystem 4) / Avant mk1 and Beoplay V1. OS still works great within multiroom setup, technology bit outdated but picture still good.

Good luck with your choices !

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

oim1212
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
oim1212 replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 3:03 PM
Thanks for the quick and great answer. I absolutely adore the avant but the issues scares me. I would feel more safe with the almondo box and the Samsung TV. But I worry about configurations and management of sound, can you change bass positions etc? Does anyone know. There is a avant 55 for sale for under 1400$ maybe it is worth it?
Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
Posts 768
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 3:17 PM
Avant for that price is really low and tempting offer. Maybe someone knows a trick to prevent overheating of the board. That is the one problem that I know of, apart from that it seems a good TV

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

oim1212:
Thanks for the quick and great answer. I absolutely adore the avant but the issues scares me. I would feel more safe with the almondo box and the Samsung TV. But I worry about configurations and management of sound, can you change bass positions etc? Does anyone know. There is a avant 55 for sale for under 1400$ maybe it is worth it?

You won’t find anything else with the sound management option of a BSys4-based product - not considering the semi-pro Storm Audio or Trinnov processors.

The Almando can be used, but is very basic.

There are people who have a Beosystem 4 connected to a non-B&O tv - several threads about this here - but you will have to invest a bit of time/efford to get that setup…..if you want to benefit from the 4K etc of the Samsung.

Some people have installed a small fan in their BV Avant MK1 - ask Miki from the Beotalk podcast.

He is also a member here - the other host there, Willy could tell you howto.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Ravsted
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 345
Bronze Member
Ravsted replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 4:07 PM

I have seen somewhere that an owner - after the second repair - cut a hole in the back panel and added a silent fan ensuring proper cooling of the board.

oim1212
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
oim1212 replied on Mon, Sep 13 2021 12:51 PM
Yea I will buy the BEOVISON and do everything in my power to keep it cool. Unfortunate that a tv that expensive have such issues. Anyways thanks for the great answers!
oim1212
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
oim1212 replied on Mon, Sep 13 2021 12:52 PM
Oh that sounds like a great idea, will probably do something similar
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS