Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoVision Eclipse 55 and NAS (DLNA)

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

ressurex
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
ressurex Posted: Sun, Oct 13 2019 10:25 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Hi all.

I am currently looking for the best NAS setup to be used with a new BeoVision Eclipse 55

I am thinking of a simple NAS with DLNA shares.

Perhaps an HP proliant microserver running windows 8 – DLNA shares. ( using plex or some other DLNA software)

The B&O salesman talked about this and told us that it would be much easier and better to put a USB disk in the TV itself. ( containing the media) Likewise a NAS has to be controlled via a TWIX box, which is complicated… etc..

I disagree, or at least I disagree that this will solve any of our current media demands.?

We have a lot of media material, mostly private recordings we would like to access via NAS.

I don’t believe that this USB disk in the tv solves anything in regards to have a centralized storage.

My question is simple.

Which NAS setup would be the best performing, and BeoVision Eclipse 55 7 /WEBOS compliant ?

B&O has this in their recommendation https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/product-support/accessories/media-server

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS