Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 55 poor rubbish sound

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

a2bur
Not Ranked
England
Posts 40
Founder
a2bur Posted: Wed, Dec 12 2018 4:22 PM

Hi all . Not been on here for a while but still a fan on this site . My gripe is when I changes my Beovision 7 40 for a Avant 55 ( have two with 4 x 6000's and a subs ) ) I'm very disappointed with the sound , all I seam to get is centre , very little from the 6000's and have been thru the sound modes , distance and levels but little difference between them . I remember on the 7 I could select ( can't remember what ) and get all the speakers producing a good sound for music . My B & o man has looked but no better , in cinema mode I get very little sound around . Is it me or is this a gripe on the Avant ?

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 123
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 5:22 PM

Maybe you should check the bass settings in the sound menu. Perhaps all the bass of the speakers is redirected to the sub. This may give a very thin sound.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Did you (or your dealer) set up different Speaker Groups with your specific speakers?

Otherweise you will only get sound from the default Sound Group (probably called ‘tv’), which is the internal speakers L, C, R.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:25 PM

Your set-up is wrong... I assure you.  The sound from the Avant 55 is brilliant!

I've had a few, and the sound is very 'tweakable' - and as standard it seems to give little credence to any speakers connected to it from experience.

Have a play in the sound set up menu, make sure the inbuilt centre speakers are split to left and right stereo, and 'turn up' your connected speakers.

Lee

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 152
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:10 PM
Make sure that the speaker roles are setup the right way
Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:58 PM

In my experience the Avant plays more through its own speakers in comparison to the Beovision 7. The Beovision 7 had a more balanced multichannel setup out of the box, even though this is only my opinion. So just turn down the avant or turn up the attached speakers. 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Take a couple of photos of the sound menu to show us.

I also don’t think the sound is that brilliant and I’ve been tweaking 🤔 for ages.

We can all learn together from your settings.

I can post mine if you like
a2bur
Not Ranked
England
Posts 40
Founder
a2bur replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 11:30 AM

Have turned down the centre but little difference , when playing a CD i would expect a stereo sound but again seams mostly from the tv and very faint from the attached speakers .

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

As Michael wrote,

please post some pics of your settings and give details about the speaker setup - otherweise it will be hard to give you any further advice.

There definitely is something wrong there!

My BV Avant plus external speakers performs well - in fact I never had a better setup.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 274
Bronze Member
Beosince98 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 12:06 PM

a2bur:

Have turned down the centre but little difference , when playing a CD i would expect a stereo sound but again seams mostly from the tv and very faint from the attached speakers .

With stereo sources/music, my speaker group is 4.0, so the Avant does not play at all. I highly recommend this for music.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
The benefit of the Avant with attached speakers is that you can give any speaker any role you like so there has to be something in your settings.

For example I can make all three Avant speakers , left, centre and right. Alternatively I can make all three of them just a centre.

I can make the right as left, and left as right.

And you can default a certain setting when you set them up as a music source as you also can the stand.

For music sources I don’t have the Avant speakers on. I use my 18s (which I have only played music on a few times) by WISA. Which is also can be a speaker group.

I’ll post some of mine later.
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 303
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, Dec 14 2018 2:13 PM

I would spend time with alternate sound mode. Between "movie", "adaptive", and "music" is very different. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS