Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What is B&O radio?

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
seethroughyou Posted: Sat, Sep 11 2021 11:49 PM
What is B&O radio?

Is it better than the Tuniein mess?

Why technically can’t it be added to BS5, BS Moment, BS Core?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 5:25 AM

seethroughyou:
What is B&O radio?

Is it better than the Tuniein mess?

Why technically can’t it be added to BS5, BS Moment, BS Core?

it is an internet Radio service maintained by B&o.

Is it better? I can't answer. I do not listen often to radio and if so always the same stations.

I would say, in principle it could replace TuneIn on the Moment/Core (for the end user on a B&o device they have a simular look and feel).

I wouldn't be suprised if the BS5 N.Radio sources and B&o Radio sources are the same.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
…. And where is it configured ?

I can’t see it in the app. All I see is Tune-In which I find to be good for tap to play / join.

There is not enough information from B&O on B&O Radio

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 6:38 AM
Aussie Michael:

…. And where is it configured ?

I can’t see it in the app. All I see is Tune-In which I find to be good for tap to play / join.

There is not enough information from B&O on B&O Radio

only available on the Balance, the Level, BL28, etc.

The newer stuff

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
Is it simply a piece of software that could potentially be downloaded onto older networked products to replace Tunein software?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

seethroughyou:
Is it simply a piece of software that could potentially be downloaded onto older networked products to replace Tunein software?

Probably yes……but only if B&O decides to do so through a firmware update - you can not do this on your own.

And it might not be possible on all older products (?).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 11:48 AM

My experience with both TuneIn and B&O Radio is that there is a good deal of overlap of stations, fortunately. 

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Audio
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member
Audio replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 12:45 PM

It would be interesting why B&O set-up B&O Radio and not anymore supporting TuneIn on the new platform Mozart?

Roon decided to develop an own own radio directory, too. One reason was, that it is better integrated into their search algorithm. So when you search you not only get listed albums, interprets of your own music library and TIDAL / qobuz. Additionally you get a list of radio stations that match the search.

But what is B&O offering additional to TuneIn? What is the benefit for the customer?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Sep 12 2021 1:21 PM

I dont quite know what is going on with Tunein.

Outside of the well publicised BBC radio issues (for UK listeners), there may be other things going on.

A whole bunch of US (and some European) stations that were in my TuneIn favourites, and listenable, and now deemed geographically restricted.

Whether this is Tunein vs Tunein Premium issue, I dont know.

But it does seem, at least from what I can see, tI hat TuneIn has gone from a pretty universal catch all service, to something a bit different.

And many of those now restricted stations are available to me via Roon.

Audio:

It would be interesting why B&O set-up B&O Radio and not anymore supporting TuneIn on the new platform Mozart?

Roon decided to develop an own own radio directory, too. One reason was, that it is better integrated into their search algorithm. So when you search you not only get listed albums, interprets of your own music library and TIDAL / qobuz. Additionally you get a list of radio stations that match the search.

But what is B&O offering additional to TuneIn? What is the benefit for the customer?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS