Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

ALL JOIN

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff Posted: Sun, Jul 23 2017 11:49 PM

I thought I would share a useful macro that I created with the BLGW.

I thought it would be nice to have a quick way to include all speakers in a way similar to the Google Chromecast Home Group. it's as simple as writing a macro with a trigger such as "LIGHT + GO" and then adding as the resulting command each NL device with the command of JOIN. I added 300 ms between commands just to be safe. This works beautifully. 

I believe this will also sync the NL source for the BLC. I was getting annoyed of trying to play, for example, the TuneIn station from an NL device on an ML device only to realize that it was not the same station as the NL device used to render through the BLC.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
Sounds cool @beojeff - i might assign it to a button on my Essence remote!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sun, Aug 6 2017 12:22 PM
Hi Beojeff, thanks for the tip. And sorry to ask, but out of interest. What does your BnO system consists of (ML and NL)?
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Aug 6 2017 12:49 PM

I have both ML and NL. However, for ALL JOIN I'm only including my NL devices in the macro.

I've found that this solution still does not "sync" the ML side via the BeoLink Converter. What I mean by this is that even though the NL device that drives the NL source for the BeoLink Converter JOINS another NL device, when you access the NL source via an ML device, you still get the station or playlist that was last played on the NL device that drives the BeoLink Converter. For example: the BeoSound 1 provides the NL sources for the BeoLink Converter. You start playing music on a BeoPlay A6. You then JOIN on the BeoSound 1. The BeoSound 1 is playing the same music that is played on the BeoPay A6. However, when you access the same NL source on the BeoLab 3500, you get the station last played on the BeoSound 1 rather than what the BeoSound 1 is actually playing since it joined the BeoPlay A6. This is very frustrating. It would be nice if the Converter included TuneIn and Deezer as native sources.

Otherwise, I find the ALL JOIN function to be very useful and use it often. I'm surprised that this was not included in the B&O commands. It's so easy to create a macro for it. I like the idea of assigning this to a button on the Essence Remote in LIGHT mode.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 922
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 12:26 AM
This macro is what I use for my party mode.

I have an essence connected on the system without speakers.

When I trigger party it turns on 'music' on that essence then joins everything individually.

Good find!!
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 1:58 AM

I've had a couple of buttons on Lutron wall keypads engraved as "All On" that were programmed to turn on all the lights in the home, but I found that I rarely used that. Therefore, I reprogrammed them to the "All Join" macro and find that I use that frequently. It's so convenient just being able to touch a button on the wall while walking past it. Also, I used IFTTT so that I can say "Alexa, trigger All Join." However, I very much like mjmedlo's name of "party." "Alexa, trigger PARTY!" has a much more festive ring to it!

Nietz
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Nietz replied on Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:30 PM

Hi - I couldn't find that macro - can you post it again please?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS